So i got a new guitar today, nothing fancy, just a slow end telecaster copy. Gave it a run over and everything was chill, pretty damn good if im being honest, for $100. So i proceeded to take off the pick guard, and stick on a new one - pretty simple procedure of course.

Now ive picked it up and moved up above the 10th fret on the bottom 2 strings and they are dead. And on the strings higher up, its not much better. Im not sure if i checked things that high up before i changed the pickguard, or if its just something else? What can i do?

thanks.
"Most people die with their music still locked up inside them." - Benjamin Disraeli
Pickups are likely too high or too low. And or the poles are not lined up correctly with the strings.

Probably a combination of 2 of those things, like pickups too high, and poles not lined up with strings. So when you fret a string, it gets close to the pickup but is between 2 poles, not making good transfer of vibration.

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
YES
sorted in a second by dropping the pickups. why didnt i think of that
thanks guys
"Most people die with their music still locked up inside them." - Benjamin Disraeli