whos staying up to watch the meteor shower today i am but i dunno what times its going to happen/end i live in southern california so the time zone is pacific help???
wat
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
There's a meteor shower?
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

<-- Pretty much sums me up

8/7/09

^ I was there
Quote by kxy1992
There's a meteor shower?

this. I will watch it though, if I can find out what time it starts.
Quote by smb
Freakish mammals bring the end times. It's not even 2012 yet and we're all on the path to extinction. Send cash now to God-TV!
not me. i have a date w/ a hot blonde tonight at the movies. im gonna shower her instead.
(by "i have date", i really mean "i have a life)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Quote by Strato-Massacre
not me. i have a date w/ a hot blonde tonight at the movies. im gonna shower her instead.
(by "i have date", i really mean "i have a life)

You're just too cool.
Quote by NintendoFan123
how is watching a meteor shower not having a life your an idiot man to strato massacare

lrn2quote
and to answer your question: how is watching rocks fall out the sky fun?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Last edited by Strato-Massacre at Aug 11, 2009,
Timing is not precise, but the 2009 peak is expected on August 12th at around 8:00 a.m. PDT (15.00 hours UT). There is some uncertainty, so it’s very worthwhile to observe on either side of this time.

Only thing I could find

Here's the original link: http://oregonspacegrant.wordpress.com/2009/08/03/perseid-meteor-shower-star-party-august-11-2009/

EDIT: Post below me has better information
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

<-- Pretty much sums me up

8/7/09

^ I was there
Last edited by kxy1992 at Aug 11, 2009,
http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2009/31jul_perseids2009.htm

For sky watchers in North America, the watch begins after nightfall on August 11th and continues until sunrise on the 12th. Veteran observers suggest the following strategy: Unfold a blanket on a flat patch of ground. (Note: The middle of your street is not a good choice.) Lie down and look up. Perseids can appear in any part of the sky, their tails all pointing back to the shower's radiant in the constellation Perseus. Get away from city lights if you can.
Thought this had to do with the video of the spider. Don't mind me. I'll just leave where I came from.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
lrn2quote

i dont think its supposed to be fun your supposed to appreciate nature man but whatever
yeah i guess i might stay up and look for it. You know, watching fire fall from the sky, sounds pretty cool to me. but who knows, i didn't even know about this stuff.
Quote by boreamor
Thousands upon thousands of people yelling "IcyHot"...

Quote by imdeth
She looks like she has triforces in her eyes...

Quote by Nakon14
*sigh* yet again, only on UG would somebody rush to their computer to tell the pit when their lives or property are in dire trouble.
I think the whole month is showering, some nights may be stronger. August is usually meteor month.

I once saw a HUGE meteor in Toronto about 10 yrs ago. It was about the size of a full moon and streaked across the sky lighting the clouds from behind and as it moved the cloud lighting changed dramaticly over the second or two...amazing, like they were stop motion and burning, it really looked like the end of the world, like a computer effect in an almost red daylight at 3a.m.
We were in a hot tub and just had a joint. After it went over the horizon I put my head under water and waited for the end.

Probably the coolest thing I will ever see. I drove home later and the radio was all people calling in saying they saw it and how amazing it was. I think it landed around London On.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
lrn2quote

You're a douche.

A big one.
Quote by Tempoe
I think the whole month is showering, some nights may be stronger. August is usually meteor month.

I once saw a HUGE meteor in Toronto about 10 yrs ago. It was about the size of a full moon and streaked across the sky lighting the clouds from behind and as it moved the cloud lighting changed dramaticly over the second or two...amazing, like they were stop motion and burning, it really looked like the end of the world, like a computer effect in an almost red daylight at 3a.m.
We were in a hot tub and just had a joint. After it went over the horizon I put my head under water and waited for the end.

Probably the coolest thing I will ever see. I drove home later and the radio was all people calling in saying they saw it and how amazing it was. I think it landed around London On.

oh yea man that thing was amazing i saw it in the news hopefully something like this happens tonight it would be aweasome
Bump. I wanna' know if any UKers have seen anything. I'm keeping a lookout.
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
Quote by Strato-Massacre
lrn2quote

Ummmm... maybe it's romantic and you can watch it with your gf?

Btw if I find when it is I just might do that
IN/ RAINBOWS
IN RAIN/BOWS
IN RAINBOW/S
IN RAINBOWS/
IN RAIN_BOWS
RA D IOHEA_D
RAD IO HEA D

Quote by I'mronburgundy?
in addition to all of that, you also win the thread.

Quote by metallica724
>:O littlejoy isnt a creep hes full of win unlike you
Sounds cool. I just might check that out.

Saw a shooting star a couple weeks ago at church camp after our worship service. That was pretty cool
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Lies.
No meteor shower.
Optical illusion.
^ was said while intoxicated, so don't hold it against me.

98% of teens have been around or used alcohol, put this in your signature if you like bagels.
I will for sure. Out on my hammock.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
I really want to watch it. I'm in Southern California as well, but I doubt we'll be able to see anything from our houses. To Death Valley!

Edit: You can't even see the stars in LA. Go to the mountains or something.
I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
i thought it was tomorow and thursday?
"If the good die young, we'll fucking live forever"

Quote by zezimathehero
Genital Warts > What Separates Me From You

Quote by zezimathehero
Genital warts, what separates me from you
It's raining here so I won't be able to see it, unless one of them decides to hit my neighbour's house.