I'm trying to learn how to get notes from the keys, i've been reading http://www.mandozine.com/techniques/flashcards/keysigs/keysighelp.php
For the most part I have it figured out, but something is confusing me, that's the key of F.
Using FCGDAEB to figure out the sharps, the F key does not really fit, as the notes in the key of F are
F G A Bb C D E F
This does not seem to fit into the pattern for finding the flats BEADGCF either, please advise.
The key of F major has one flat and contain the notes F G A Bb C D E F.
You can always use the major scale formula when in doubt, WWHWWWH or look at a circle of fifths chart.
Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere
- John Coltrane
I tend to remember flat key sigs as having one extra flat on from the key name ... BEADGCF ... so Bb Maj has Bb plus the next flat along which is Eb, Db Maj has Bb, Eb, Ab, Db and the next flat along which is Gb. If you extend your BEADGCF around the Co5 you get CFBEADGCF - so if C Maj has no sharps of flats, and Bb Maj has 2 flats, F Maj in the middle has 1 flat - Bb

Dunno if that helps any, but its how I always remembered it.
Quote by prolapsemaster

F G A Bb C D E F
This does not seem to fit into the pattern for finding the flats BEADGCF either, please advise.

Yes it does.

The first flat is Bb. F major only has a Bb. Google the circle of 5ths and you will see it. You go back a 5th from C to get the key with one flat which is F. Go back another fifth for the key with 2 flats which is Bb, etc...
Earth without ART, is just Eh...
On the linearized Circle of Fifths...

... Bbb Fb Cb Gb Db Ab Eb Bb F C G D A E B F# C# G# D# A# E# B# Fx ...

Any seven consecutive notes on the Circle/Spiral of Fifths comprise a major scale, with the root being second from the left.
Quote by Aramoni
does Fx mean F double sharp?

Yes. For every "F C G D A E B" you add to the right (you can keep going without end), you tack on another sharp, and another flat in going left.