I was messing around on my Fender Supersonic earlier and noticed a buzzing noise. It only happens when I play a C, however, which makes me think for some reason it must be a resonance frequency or something like that. Not sure what's happening though as the buzz only occurs with a C note.

Any ideas?
"Escape is never the safest path"

Gear
Fender 50's Strat
Fender Supersonic Combo
Boss OD-2, DD-20
that's weird.... are you sure it isn't your guitar... check the action
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
I was thinking the same thing about the action and checked it out. But what's odd is that the buzz happens with the C on the same octave. The C on the first fret of the B string makes it buzz, but the C on the 13th fret of the same fret does not.

Gear
Fender 50's Strat
Fender Supersonic Combo
Boss OD-2, DD-20
Quote by ghiyath
maybe one of the tubes has gone microphonic?

I was wondering about that, but for the length of time I've owned the amp I've never had reason to suspect that problem and therefore have never learned a way to test for it. Any thing I can do to see if that's the proper diagnosis?

Gear
Fender 50's Strat
Fender Supersonic Combo
Boss OD-2, DD-20
Quote by TheDissident
I was wondering about that, but for the length of time I've owned the amp I've never had reason to suspect that problem and therefore have never learned a way to test for it. Any thing I can do to see if that's the proper diagnosis?

Tap each preamp tube LIGHTLY with a pencil eraser. If it makes a high-pitched squealing kind of noise, than it is microphonic. Check all of the preamp tubes though, it could be any of them.
Quote by GNRjungle87
Tap each preamp tube LIGHTLY with a pencil eraser. If it makes a high-pitched squealing kind of noise, than it is microphonic. Check all of the preamp tubes though, it could be any of them.

Cheers indeed to both you and to the previous poster whose name I can't remember. It wasn't microphonic, actually a little trinket that was sitting in the garage near the amp was resonating with the C note . Thanks a lot for the help though, now I know what to do should the problem ever arise again.

Gear
Fender 50's Strat
Fender Supersonic Combo
Boss OD-2, DD-20
Quote by TheDissident
Cheers indeed to both you and to the previous poster whose name I can't remember. It wasn't microphonic, actually a little trinket that was sitting in the garage near the amp was resonating with the C note . Thanks a lot for the help though, now I know what to do should the problem ever arise again.

Haha, glad you got it worked out!