I took the tremolo bar off the guitar and want to block the tremolo so the instrument will stay in tune better. how do I do this? thanks
el cheapo gear but it works
Add more springs at the back so that the bridge doesn't lift up at all, you can also add a block of wood at the back if you want.
Aliadiere - sadly has more syllables than goals this season."
Setanta commentator during Newcastle-Middlesbrough. .
thanks for the reply but im a noob and need a little better explanation or preferably pictures showing how to block it. If I removed the arm is there even a need to block it as I have no whammy bar to use anyway
Just by removing the bar doesn't mean it's blocked, It's just not in use. get a wood block, and open up the back where the springs and such are. If you push down on the whammy or trem, the big steel block that you see with springs attached to it will stretch the strings, moving the block at a fulcrum towards the big empty space opposite of the springs. put a wood block there. or just throw in a full 5 springs instead of the (I'm guessing) 3 springs you have in there already.
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
OK man, I will take at look at her this evening
Quote by SKOOBEY
OK man, I will take at look at her this evening

Alright, just be sure to treat her nice, and open her real gently
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Didn't you sell the Yamaha for an Ibanez or did you trade back?
My Gear
PRS SE Custom
Fender Standard Customized Fat Strat
Baby Taylor Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss SOD-1
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Peavey Channel Selector
Fender 25R practice amp
I sold it to a relative but traded back just because it was so much easier to play to me anyway
Alright, sorry if I offended you by asking the question, I was just curious. Anyway, if your just a beginner, and I don't mean for this to sound offensive, you may want to avoid trem blocking, and have a pro do it, or at least someone who is more experienced, because you can end up destroying your guitar. How bad does it go out of tune?
My Gear
PRS SE Custom
Baby Taylor Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss SOD-1
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Peavey Channel Selector
Fender 25R practice amp
it doesn't go out of tune too often but I would like it to stay in tune for as long as possible. I will just look at the guts and if it seems too complex there's a local shop that can handle it for me. I just like the idea of free and learning something at the same time
Quote by jking948
Alright, sorry if I offended you by asking the question, I was just curious. Anyway, if your just a beginner, and I don't mean for this to sound offensive, you may want to avoid trem blocking, and have a pro do it, or at least someone who is more experienced, because you can end up destroying your guitar. How bad does it go out of tune?

what?...i blocked my trem in 1 minute....with a 9v battery ad works godly
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Quote by devit

The way I assumed he would do it was with a wood block, and it is possible to screw up your guitar doing that, its not difficult do trem block it, but it is possible to screw up, and knowing that he is a beginner, there is probably a greater chance of it.
My Gear
PRS SE Custom
Baby Taylor Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss SOD-1
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Peavey Channel Selector
Fender 25R practice amp
Quote by jking948
The way I assumed he would do it was with a wood block, and it is possible to screw up your guitar doing that, its not difficult do trem block it, but it is possible to screw up, and knowing that he is a beginner, there is probably a greater chance of it.

what he said
Quote by devit

Idon't wanna try any mcgyerish type stuff
Quote by jking948

Just curious... how so? Because I always figured trem blocking was kinda common sense.
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR