ok so i ordered a dell studio 15 with a few spec upgrades next week or so and i have been wondering for a while...how do i get all my music on the home computer onto my new laptop? Will i just have to burn a crap ton of cd's and then re-import them? Cuz i know im not the only one on here with too much music to do that with. I use iTunes if that helps any. Thanks!
Epiphone LP Cust. w/ SD '59 neck and Cust. 5 bridge
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Traynor YCV50
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop SW-95 Wah
ElectroHarmonix Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
ElectroHarmonix Small Clone
We roll tonight, To the guitar bite
Windows media center should allow you to import your music onto other machines.
Floppy Discs!

Seriously: if you're on Windows (guessing you are, it's a Dell), then when you install there is an option in Windows Welcome Centre [maybe somewhere else as well.] It's called Windows Easy Transfer and as long as they are on the same network or connected you can transfer all your old files etc.
Quote by shattamakar
Just because i like the taste of semen...It doesnt necessarily mean you would like it too..

...Music is like that.
sshhh! don't let obama hear you!
i need to hear some sounds that recognize the pain in me, yeah.
I'm sorry but I have to lol You ever heard of a home network?

Hook both computers up to your router/modem, use the network wizard on both, share your music folder from your home computer (right click folder, go to sharing or something to that degree, don't know if you using XP or Vista), go on your laptop, open My Network Places and you should see the music folder you shared. Open it up, highlight em, copy, then paste to the folder you want to use on your laptop

If you're using Vista, make sure file and printer sharing is on and also password protected files are off. If you have firewall, disable that, I've also seen some AV software screw around with Vista so disable that as well if necessary.
ok, is windows media center windows media player maybe or is it something totally different? for windows media transer how would i connect my home computer with my new laptop? and i dont have a flash drive :/
Epiphone LP Cust. w/ SD '59 neck and Cust. 5 bridge
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Traynor YCV50
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop SW-95 Wah
ElectroHarmonix Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
ElectroHarmonix Small Clone
We roll tonight, To the guitar bite