the pentatonic scale will be the pentatonic scale no matter what tuning you play it in as long as you play it right.
So an A minor Penatonic Scale will still be an A minor penatonic scale just as long as the root is still an A?
Quote by xMetalCoreKingx
the pentatonic scale will be the pentatonic scale no matter what tuning you play it in as long as you play it right.

I guess that's what he means. You'll have to change the pattern, every note on the low C has to be moved up a step.

And wrong forum.
The pentatonic scale will always be the pentatonic scale, it just may have a different pattern in different tunings. The pattern will be the same in drop C as in standard except for on the sixth string (since it is dropped another whole step lower than the other strings).
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Quote by food1010
The pentatonic scale will always be the pentatonic scale, it just may have a different pattern in different tunings. The pattern will be the same in drop C as in standard except for on the sixth string (since it is dropped another whole step lower than the other strings).

Drop C is:

D- (High String)
A-
F-
C-
G-
C- (Low String)

I don't see how it could be the same?
Quote by Blckspawn
Drop C is:

D- (High String)
A-
F-
C-
G-
C- (Low String)

I don't see how it could be the same?

I'm confused about this as well. I am trying to learn how to play in drop C myself, and attempted playing a normal penatonic scale (excluding the low C string). It does not sound right at all. I was wondering if it was just me.....
Its not going to be the same position because the E string is dropped 2 steps to C while the rest of the guitar is only dropped one step, so a pentatonic scale would be played like this:

D minor Pentatonic in Drop C tuning:
|----------------------------------0--3-----|
|---------------------------0--3------------|
|---------------------0--2------------------|
|---------------0--2------------------------|
|---------0--2------------------------------|
|--2--5-------------------------------------|

The "2" and "5" on the 6th string are still D and F but since the string is in a drop tuning they are played like this instead of the usual way as "|--0--3--|",understand now???
That doesn't need to be asked. It's just plain retarded.
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
Quote by drawnacrol
Its not going to be the same position because the E string is dropped 2 steps to C while the rest of the guitar is only dropped one step, so a pentatonic scale would be played like this:

D minor Pentatonic in Drop C tuning:
|----------------------------------0--3-----|
|---------------------------0--3------------|
|---------------------0--2------------------|
|---------------0--2------------------------|
|---------0--2------------------------------|
|--2--5-------------------------------------|

The "2" and "5" on the 6th string are still D and F but since the string is in a drop tuning they are played like this instead of the usual way as "|--0--3--|",understand now???

Makes sense.... Thanks!