Hey guys,

Well, I'm gonna be 18 this October, and I asked my parents if I could do something really stupid to celebrate my 18th year on this earth without dying, and they gave me the all-clear to go skydiving. I was surprised because normally they would dismiss it calling it a stupid idea or something like that. I'm happy.

Anyone actually been skydiving? Any pointers on what to do beforehand to prepare as it were?
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
I went skydiving in Taupo in NZ and it's ****ING AWESOME! Seriously it is way too awesome-o-saurus. We (was with 3 friends) went to a company and they said 'ok you can jump in 2 hours if you want' but we decided we wanted to go the next day to mentally prepare ourselves :P once we booked it we didn't really thought about it, just had a normal day and then went to sleep in our campervans.

The morning of our jump we were a bit nervous but you start to get really nervous when you're in the doorway of the plane and there's 15,000 feet between you and Mother Earth :P you don't have much time to think about it though because the guy who you're attached to shouts 'are you ready?! 3--2--1--GO!!' and then it's just awesomeness all the way man!. 60 seconds freefall feel like 10 it goes so fast and I'm getting all excited now I'm thinking about it again

It's perfect but it's over before you know it. Have fun and congratulations
I just need about $3.50
(<X.X)O=('.'Q)

I'm the motherflippin'
Quote by Jaymz_515
Jump.

Check parachute.

Good plan.

Oh yeah, inb4 jumping out of perfectly serviceable aircraft. I got that one off my dad.

Quote by sketchy z
god speed

Thanks, he'll probably be the one I'm talking to most of the time on the way down.

Quote by I.O.T.M

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Quote by BeefCakes
You are 18, why would you have to ask your parents?

Sorry for Double Post, but to answer:

Would you not want to ask your parents about something that could potentially endanger your life?

Jolly Good Edit: @CrackAddict: Awesome, should I eat well beforehand? And what season did you do it in? I know the climate in the North Island is completely different to Europe, but it may give me a vague idea.

Quote by I.O.T.M

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Last edited by Dawginator at Aug 11, 2009,
Quote by DieGarbageMan
is that why you like twilight?

Maybe it was because he likes twilight...
My name is Danny. Call me that.
^Zing.

Quote by I.O.T.M

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
the more weight you have the quicker you fall. i suggest going naked.

and oh! no matter what they say.. the parachute is optional.
Have fun!
Quote by shattamakar
Just because i like the taste of semen...It doesnt necessarily mean you would like it too..

...Music is like that.
Watch out for giant birds of prey!!

Oh and ^ Weight doesn't affect the speed of your fall, surface area does
He who knows all, knows nothing in the eye of a imbecile.
Last edited by AlienMetalhead at Aug 11, 2009,
Skydiving on your 18th?
On my 18th I'll probably do something incredibly whimsical, as my last day as a minor.
Good luck with it, I heard there was some real annoying **** you have to go through before you do it.
I hope your not looking forward to a 19th birthday....
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
Dude that's so awesome! thats what i wanna do when im 18. I went indoor skydiving once. There's like this big fan in the floor and you jump over it and fly around. It was really awesome. But anyway, have fun!
Quote by boreamor
Thousands upon thousands of people yelling "IcyHot"...

Quote by imdeth
She looks like she has triforces in her eyes...

Quote by Nakon14
*sigh* yet again, only on UG would somebody rush to their computer to tell the pit when their lives or property are in dire trouble.
Quote by BeefCakes
You are 18, why would you have to ask your parents?

because some people respect their parents.. just because you are 18 doesnt mean you can do whatever you want. If you live on your own go for it.
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

Oscar Wilde
Quote by mattbellamee
because some people respect their parents.. just because you are 18 doesnt mean you can do whatever you want.

Yeah, this, + refer to my previous answer to this question.

Quote by I.O.T.M

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.