After having asked at a bunch of places for what's the best metal guitar, I've noticed (though mixed with other answers, of course) ESP was the one I heard the most.

So I decided to check them out, and I have two guitars on my mind. The ESP LTD MH-1000NT (http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_deluxe-mh.html) and the ESP LTD F-401FM (http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_f.html)

I know that at their price I will be extremely happy with whatever I get, I just want to decide which one I will be even MORE happy with lol. I'm leaning towards the MH-1000NT because the neck is (supposedly) thin but not too thin. While the F-401FM's neck is labeled as Extra thin. But almost EVERYONE loves the EMG-81's while I haven't heard much about the Seymour Duncan pick-ups. Oh, and what's the difference between a locking Tune-O-Matic and a standard one? Because I don't want to buy something that's gonna act like a double-locking tremolo (ever since I found out what those do, I have been afraid of anything with "locking" on my guitar lol).

Anyways, please post anything I might need to know about these guitars. I've been researching guitars for a frickin' long time and I just want to make up my mind!
Id get the F2-E Personally. That thing is beautiful, and they play like butter.
Quote by AcousticMirror
Is my album list pointing a gun or a penis to your head saying buddy this thing is going to unload if you don't listen to the whole damn clip??
You will be even more extremely happy if you buy a real ESP horizon NT II second hand for the same amount of money.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Personally I dont like ESP because of their use of pickups, take a look at em. 95% of them all have an EMG 81/85 or 81/60 combo. Disgusting. Go for a brand that actually uses passives like Jackson, Schecter or and I hate to suggest this... Ibanez.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

i have only played one ESP guitar. it was the LTS F-250 and i was blown away by the quality. the quality was just truely amazing and the price was good too. the neck was thin but not too thing and the guitar was light.
i dont know everything there is to know about guitars, but i do know that theyre pretty awesome. ive got an f-100 i bought off a friend of mine and i love it. needs some new pickups cause theyre a little old and im seeing some rust on em, but other than that its great. nice and light, the neck is a good size (hands dont cramp up like they used to playing other peoples guitars in the past), and it just looks cool.
get the f2e, its AMAZING
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Can you go to a store and try them out? I don't know how much we can help you past that because considering them purely by their equipment, they're both quite good. It'll depend on which shape you like the most.

If you're considering the MH1000, why not the MH401? I guess you might like the abalone binding, though I've never talked to someone who did.
Quote by Perp8tualMotion
Thank you, Red Comet, for restoring a bit of my faith in human kind.
You dont like a guitar brand just because of the pickups it uses, if you talk to your dealer they can swap out the EMGs for SDs for free.

Quote by VanTheKraut
Personally I dont like ESP because of their use of pickups, take a look at em. 95% of them all have an EMG 81/85 or 81/60 combo. Disgusting. Go for a brand that actually uses passives like Jackson, Schecter or and I hate to suggest this... Ibanez.
Quote by LP_CL
You will be even more extremely happy if you buy a real ESP horizon NT II second hand for the same amount of money.

this

cuz its what im looking for atm, ive played the ones with the EMGs and SD's with trem and without trem,

EMG without trem is the best
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by ABRfan

But almost EVERYONE loves the EMG-81's while I haven't heard much about the Seymour Duncan pick-ups.

This sounds weird...even on UG.

First, I can't believe no one has asked what amp you have. because you may not even want active pickups.
Second, What is your price range and preferences? Other guitar brands may have something more cost efficient or suit your needs better.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
The Mh-1000 is a good guitar, but at that price range if you save up just a bit more you can get a REAL ESP Horizon, which is a beautiful guitar.

Quote by LP_CL

Or if you look at the used market, as suggested above. I feel obliged to say this, but have you tried a Jackson lately? They are ESP's direct competition and are just as, if not more nasty at shredding... never cancel out any option when spending this kind of money- try everything

All in all, I'd save up for another month and get a true ESP- you won't regret it.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
I don't like active pickups, but a lot of people do. It's just a personal preference.
Epiphone G-400
Roland Cube 30X
Well, for my amp, I have a Line 6 Spider III combo 75W that I love SO much. I've heard bad talk about it, but I just absolutely love it.

Price range would be about $500-$750. What sucks is where I live there aren't many good music shops near me besides Guitar Center, and they barely carry guitars I'm looking at. It's mostly Gibson, Fenders, all those other non-metal guitars lol. It's like, whatever I want, they don't have in-store XD

My preferences for the guitar is:
Thin Neck
EMG pick-ups
No double locking tremolo or locking nut
Any neck construction that is NOT bolt-on