So I found this very sexy blue burst Les Paul on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-G-Les-Paul-Custom-Blue-Burst-Colors-Electric-Guitar_W0QQitemZ110422941915QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item19b5b860db&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I'm very interested in it. It looks real enough, but when I looked at shipping and stuff, it said it would be shipped from Hong Kong...so I'm thinking now that it's an over priced rip off...

Help! Is this guitar a real Les Paul? If not, is it any good, or is it probably crap?
Om nom nom nom!
there was a thread about the same ebay seller who was selling another Les paul for cheap.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
I wouldn't buy it. The truss rod cover is weird. The logo doesn't seem to be inlayed, and they flipped around the guitar probably to hide any flaws in the shape.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Unfortunately not.
'64 Fender Telecaster
'08 Epiphone Prophecy EM-2
'06 Epiphone Les Paul-100
'08 Squier Strat Mini
'03 Ibanez AEG10
'90 Yamaha FG730S
'31 Kay Archkraft
Sure, a new gibson for 400 bucks. Must be legit.

Not.
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
We just dealt with a thread like this last night. It's being sold from the same ebay user also, we ruled that one as a fake, so this One is too, notice the body wood. Les Pauls are all mahogany, not mahogany/basswood. This one looks slightly more legit though compared to the other one. But still a fake.

EDIT: heres the thread:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1180377
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
Last edited by grayfox1001 at Aug 11, 2009,
No.
Quote by Skullbolt
banned cause yeah:

It's between you, user_nameless, me, and my split personality
I like kittens
SHUT UP NO ONE ASKED YOU!

Proud member of the UG Shred Mafia. P.M. godofshred to join.

"Do you practice UG Blackism? W e do."

PAROXYSM.
Dude i dunno...something about the shape seems wrong.

That may be because it's angled weird....but still...
nah man the line in the middle of the diamond is slanted too much
Quote by LuckyBoys91
+ ****ing 1

i've got a point

Quote by Pr0gNut
No,they're to high end for me.I usually just walk into a random building and scream "FIX MY BANJO NOW!!!!" until they hit me with sticks and call the police.

TSHM.
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Last edited by grayfox1001 at Aug 11, 2009,
"welcome to suizhouyang9757dhhdjfnasjkdhfas" means don't buy it.
the minimalist σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
Unite the discount comparison of the conveyance

Can search postage price in the underneath

They put g instead of gibson in the title so it doesn't get flagged as easily

This is before you even look at the guitar excellence in the most satisfactory advert.

Don't be stupid

Quote by Shred-Hed
They actually seem like really good knock-offs

I can buy you a rollex for $20 that looks almost identical to a real rolex, but it'll stop ticking within two weeks. Just because something looks nice does not mean that it is 'a good knockoff'
Last edited by pak1351 at Aug 11, 2009,
Quote by Shred-Hed
They actually seem like really good knock-offs

Not necessarily Good knock offs, But overall good guitars for the price. And I was Wondering, isn't that counterfeiting against gibson and epi? So can't they be sued big time?
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Quote by grayfox1001
Not necessarily Good knock offs, But overall good guitars for the price. And I was Wondering, isn't that counterfeiting against gibson and epi? So can't they be sued big time?

no, they won't be. Buy a fucking agile or at least something with some kind of brand name hardware, the correct wood, etc.

Yes, they can. It takes a while to find them, get their host-country to arrest them, etc.
Thanks for the responses guys. My friend found the Zakk Wylde copy and was going to by it immediately. I showed him this thread and that stopped him. I'm just going to get an Agile since I want a good, cheap, Les Paul style guitar, and tell my friend to save up for a Wylde sig.
Om nom nom nom!
Quote by pak1351
no, they won't be. Buy a fucking agile or at least something with some kind of brand name hardware, the correct wood, etc.

Yes, they can. It takes a while to find them, get their host-country to arrest them, etc.

True.

So, could any one of us just call up gibson and report these guys? I think the number is 1-800-4GIBSON
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR