My birthday is coming up and I want to get a double pedal. My limit is around £170 but I might be able to get it up to £200 if I have no choice. Can you guys recommend me some pedals?

I'd like some Iron Cobras but they are waaay too expensive. Even used.

(I know this isn't a drum forum but I have nowhere else to ask)

Cheers.
off topic, but now they have drum tabs, shouldn't there be a drum forum too?

i know nothing about drums.
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
Quote by McTodd

...+1
Quote by McTodd

this
Quote by Venice King
Snatch is such a crude term - Use a better one like axe-wound or cave-opening.

Gear:
Ibanez ART300
Roland Cube 20X

I make trip-hop
https://soundcloud.com/chris-thomas-214
^ Check it out
Hmm, We got my brother some 200 (us dollar) pearls that are pretty nice. The drummer in my band plays Iron Cobras and says that our pearls are alot lighter.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
What i can only suggest is go into your local music shop and just test a few
Quote by Venice King
Snatch is such a crude term - Use a better one like axe-wound or cave-opening.

Gear:
Ibanez ART300
Roland Cube 20X

I make trip-hop
https://soundcloud.com/chris-thomas-214
^ Check it out
Quote by Hellish_Wolf
Hmm, We got my brother some 200 (us dollar) pearls that are pretty nice. The drummer in my band plays Iron Cobras and says that our pearls are alot lighter.

I liked the feel of Iron Cobras, i'm not really a fan of overly light pedals.

I guess i'll just have to keep looking around
well i am a drummer, and basically your best value is DW 5000, 7000, or 9000 dual chain drive pedals. you can get them for about 300 something dollars. you can go cheaper like pdc for about 100 something or the best is axis for 500 or 600, but again your best value is dw.
Quote by Ross724
whats harder than nailing a dead baby to a tree

nailing a live baby to a dog
Get either Bigdog pedals or DW 7000's. They are good pedals.
We ain't pushing the boundaries, we're blowing them up.
We ain't trying to expand the scene, we want the scene to erupt.

Quote by cire sirrah
well i am a drummer, and basically your best value is DW 5000, 7000, or 9000 dual chain drive pedals. you can get them for about 300 something dollars. you can go cheaper like pdc for about 100 something or the best is axis for 500 or 600, but again your best value is dw.

What about those Axis pedals I posted, you know if they are any good?
I got a deal on mine, about 100 bucks at guitar center. The are PDC's and they are pretty decent. PDP's i beleive are the cheapest brand, and thier not AWFUL IMO, i mean, they are probably to someone that is use to playing on cobras, but for someone starting on double pedals, and set will do.

Be sure to have your drum set on a carpet, and be sure to also purchase velcro for the bottom of your left foot pedal or else it will slide around everywhere when your trying to play.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Last edited by Vypor at Aug 11, 2009,
Quote by McTodd

I find it incredibly idiotic that there is not a forum and tabs section for drums on this site; there's a group based around getting a drum forum, I'm a member, you should probably join if you haven't.

As for the OP, look at musiciansfriend.com; in this months catalog, they had some double bass pedals as cheap as $100 US, and they have reviews on the site, so you can check for quality.
Quote by Vypor
I got a deal on mine, about 100 bucks at guitar center. I cant figure out what brand they are, but ther are pretty decent. PDP's i beleive are the cheapest brand, and thier not AWFUL IMO, i mean, they are probably to someone that is use to playing on cobras, but for someone starting on double pedals, and set will do.

Be sure to have your drum set on a carpet, and be sure to also purchase velcro for the bottom of your left foot pedal or else it will slide around everywhere when your trying to play.

DO NOT LISTEN TO HIM!!

I have a set of those pedals and I swear by all that is holy they are the worst pedals you can get.

It will be a waste of $100
No means maybe
Quote by Vypor
I got a deal on mine, about 100 bucks at guitar center. The are PDC's and they are pretty decent. PDP's i beleive are the cheapest brand, and thier not AWFUL IMO, i mean, they are probably to someone that is use to playing on cobras, but for someone starting on double pedals, and set will do.

We don't have GuitarCenter over here

I'll look into DW 7000's.

Thanks guys.

Quote by herby190
I find it incredibly idiotic that there is not a forum and tabs section for drums on this site; there's a group based around getting a drum forum, I'm a member, you should probably join if you haven't.

As for the OP, look at musiciansfriend.com; in this months catalog, they had some double bass pedals as cheap as $100 US, and they have reviews on the site, so you can check for quality.

Unfortunately they don't ship many things to UK.
Last edited by maggot9779 at Aug 11, 2009,
Quote by maggot9779
What about those Axis pedals I posted, you know if they are any good?

well that link describes the axis axel( ugh tonggue twister) see hows its high-lighted. but if you just want the best and fastest, any axis is the way to go, but however they are more towards the lighter side, like the cobras(not as bad tho). try the dw 7000s, its what i use, they are heavy and hit the hardest, and with practice you can get just as fast, but i think the are meant more for power and precision( which is more important!)
Quote by Ross724
whats harder than nailing a dead baby to a tree

nailing a live baby to a dog
Quote by cire sirrah
well that link describes the axis axel( ugh tonggue twister) see hows its high-lighted. but if you just want the best and fastest, any axis is the way to go, but however they are more towards the lighter side, like the cobras(not as bad tho). try the dw 7000s, its what i use, they are heavy and hit the hardest, and with practice you can get just as fast, but i think the are meant more for power and precision( which is more important!)

Ok cool. It's a pain trying to find things in the UK, stuff is either overpriced or non existant.