All right, so i'm going to france on friday, and when i come back, i should still have a few dollars left, so i'm going to get a new practice amp since my ibanez 10 watters is quite bad (and is starting to die on me) and my roland cube 15... well, i can't stand it's tone. So i'm looking to get a low wattage amp, and i was wondering which one i should go for.. i play kind of an alternative/indie/rock/pop stuff, such as depeche mode, kill hannah, muse, placebo, this kind of stuff.
Basically, I also have a traynor YCV40WR that i can't use much at home becasue my parents find it too loud when it's at 1 (volume-wise)

So the ones I was looking at were the epiphone valve junior and the vox AC4, mainly, is there anything else I should look at ? i'm going to use that amp for recording too.

And it is worth it to get the head/1x12cab version or should i stick with the 10' combo ?
blackstar HT-5
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Quote by Darkflame
^what did you do with it lol

I returned it, but only because I couldn't afford it at the time.
Quote by forstringwonder
the fender champ 600 is not a modeling amp. its a small, very stripped down great sounding tube amp.

it would fit your genres perfectly. go try one out.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Champion-600-5W-1x6-Combo-Amp-104298815-i1173138.gc

that looks great, i'll try it, i'm just worried about the 6' speaker...

and again, would it change a lot if i went for a halfstack, say between a valvejunior with the 10'' or the valvejunior HS with a 12'' cabinet ?
The 6" isn't very loud; I would mic it.

The Epiphone Jr. ain't bad, but I prefer the Champ tone. Sounds "purer" to me.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
AC4 all the way. loved it when I played through one yesterday.

Might get one myself.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
AC4 for sure. Even a five watt tube amp is very loud at home, so there will be some tone loss from turning it down. The AC4 seems like the best bet. imo it and the Blackheart Tiny Ant are the only REAL low-wattage tube amps that can be cranked in an apartment/at home to produce great tones at low volumes.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
My HT-5 does everything I want it to do, from Hendrix cleans to Tool distortion.
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
Quote by jc349
AC4 for sure. Even a five watt tube amp is very loud at home, so there will be some tone loss from turning it down. The AC4 seems like the best bet. imo it and the Blackheart Tiny Ant are the only REAL low-wattage tube amps that can be cranked in an apartment/at home to produce great tones at low volumes.

This says hi.