so basically i set about working on this guitar i bought to rennovate today, all was going well, until after ages of busting my ass sanding i realise that the guitar was made of god damn plywood, this wouldnt be too bad, had i not have earlie bought wood stain etc >.<

so now i need a cheap strat style body thts not made of plywood, and the hunt is not going well.

i am soooo annoyed atm!
any reccomendations of cheap as chips guita bodys that ait plywood?
Mah gear :p

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
BC rich NJ neck thru series warlock
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

"Remember your a WOMBLE!!!"
Quote by Morrie2995
dude you just became my hero. Nice
Quote by sylphin
so basically i set about working on this guitar i bought to renovate today, all was going well, until after ages of busting my ass sanding i realize that the guitar was made of plywood, this wouldnt be too bad, had i not have earlier bought wood stain and etc >.<

so now i need a cheap strat style body thats not made of plywood, and the hunt is not going well.

i am soooo annoyed atm!
any recommendations of cheap ass? chips guitar body that aint plywood?

Fixed.

Just paint/relic it.

EDIT:
This isnt the pit,
Change the thread title before it gets reported.
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Last edited by Little_Buster at Aug 11, 2009,
Quote by Little_Buster
Fixed.

EDIT:
This isnt the pit,

Just paint/relic it.

not fixed. you missed two.
Quote by noisefarmer
not fixed. you missed two.

Fixed.

Sort of.
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Quote by Little_Buster
Fixed.

Just paint/relic it.

EDIT:
This isnt the pit,

Realise IS the correct spelling. British/american spellings.
Well Squier makes good strat bodies and theyre pretty cheap. If you get an Affinity or Deluxe they should be made out of alder. Plus you'll have a whole bunch of new parts to play with :P
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
Quote by subzero364
you guys must be really fun at parties

You have no idea.

TS, you can buy body blanks pretty cheap on ebay. Probably around $45 for a 3-4 piece ash body.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Plywood really isn't THAT bad a thing to make a guitar out of, despite popular belief. I have a ****load of old vintage guitars, and they are plywood. Didn't sound that bad at all.

Besides, you can put an EMG in there and I guarantee nobody will notice. EMGs have the unique ability to make everything about a guitar's tonal properties moot point. They sound the same is a Gibson LP as your plywood guitar.

and Little_Buster, users can't change thread titles. Only mods.
Quote by Comrade Curry
F*** YEA!!!!!!!

Its about time somebody recognized our extreme partying!

@ Jim

Ah, I see.
I didnt know that ;p
Quote by letsgocoyote
Quote by Schism1985
Are those cups of... water?

Looks like Miller Lite to me, so yeah, basically water.

I may be wrong, but it sounds like sylphin is not concerned so much with the tone of the plywood as the look of it with a transparent finish. If that is the case, you still have two options with your current body. One is to do an opaque finish. The other is to do a sunburst. Usually the only part of plywood that looks bad is the endgrain (where you see the layers) so you could sunburst, making sure that the black covers the edges and the forearm contour, but have the center transparent.
Quote by dandadog
Realise IS the correct spelling. British/american spellings.

True. Also, cheap as chips was correct too.
My main guitar is a plywood body. I put a lot of work into it and it sounds better than the solid wood body guitars I've got. my advice is go away from stain and paint it a colour or pattern instead.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
Are you sure it's plywood? I've seen lots of people mistake tooling marks, grain, etc for plywood.
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!