I am curious what experiences people have had with the schecter hellraiser C-1 with the FR or without... Please feel free to share your experience with the guitar whether its bad or good whatever Reason im asking is i'm thinking of buying one but i can't find one in my area to play so i'll probably get one with a returns policy and if i don't like it i can send it back. But I wanted to know what you think of it Cheers
solid guitars. some like to say the necks are like "baseball bats"

i dont think so.

i love all of my schecters. i have played the hellraiser tons, and i own a blackjack. both have the gloss "i cant move my hand for ****" necks. which is also a myth.

if you are fimiliar with schecters, and have ever played one (and like them) you will not be dissapointed.

EDIT: if you are an Ibby man..you probably will not like the necks on them. im a huge fan of Schecter and ESP necks. i like a neck with a little girth to em.
Last edited by xXMetal-HeadXx at Aug 11, 2009,
i got the schecter c-1 w/o the floyd rose, about a year ago, its a great guitar. it actually gets more playing time than some of my more pricey guitars. it is very well built. and its got a really comfortable neck. although i ended up sanding mine down to get the lacquer off and have a smooth finish. the coil tap option is nice, but pretty limited. its not like you are switching to a "nice" single coil sound like a strat or tele. but for moderate use, its great to have the extra versatility. overall it has a nice, thick sound.
aside from the playability, cosmetically, its a beautiful guitar to look at. mine is the dark cherry finish. i regret not getting the fr model, this axe is too pretty to go hacking away to route it for one now.
What is your amp, price range, and preferred specs/genres/etc?

There are alot of different C-1 models and a different model may fit your needs better than a Hellraiser.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Hmm- the Hellraiser has some nice features, active EMG pups and what have you- but it seems to be trying hard at being "metal".... i'd try really really hard to play it before you buy it. My experience with Schecters is that they have bigger necks. Personally I like a thin, Wizard like neck on my shredding axes, but thats just me.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
my neighbor/friend has one, didn't like it very much, whole thing felt cheap, coating was way too thick and dense for my liking. in fact the coating as so dense he manage to chip off a piece of his wall when he accidentally knock into it. pro or con? you decide
Quote by Richmanofaction
Hmm- the Hellraiser has some nice features, active EMG pups and what have you- but it seems to be trying hard at being "metal".... i'd try really really hard to play it before you buy it. My experience with Schecters is that they have bigger necks. Personally I like a thin, Wizard like neck on my shredding axes, but thats just me.

How can you say a Hellraiser tries to hard to be metal when there are things like this out there...?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by biga29
How can you say a Hellraiser tries to hard to be metal when there are things like this out there...?

hahahahahahahahahahahhah

point taken my friend
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Hellraisers are really good. But if i were you, i would buy the Blackjack ATX because i prefer Blackouts to EMG's and the ATX has a smooth neck
I'm a big fan of jackson guitars and when I tried the C-1 hellraiser out it was a bit thicker but very comfortable and felt really solid and heavy (I like heavy guitars so this was a plus to me). I enjoyed the feel quite a bit.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
I was looking out for a C-1 Hellraiser FR, but then I saw the Blackjack C-1 ATX FR, which is basically the same, but with SD blackout pickups (no coil split), jumbo frets and an ebony fingerboard. I just don't know which one to choose anymore!
I was almost sold on it from it's specs and peoples opinions, but I'd still try it if I was you. When I finally got a chance, I found the neck to really sticky and cumbersome, I just could't get much movement, whether it will work for you is a different story though.
I'd like to try them both, but I haven't found one in any store. Plus I'm a lefty so my chances of finding one are even thinner lol... And does the coil-split function make any big difference for the cleans with the Hellraiser? Can the Blackjack ATX produce good clean sound?
I haven't found an Active pup that sounds as good clean as a decent passive. BO's sound better than a 81/85 set though to me -a bit less sterile.

I'll repeat..
What is your amp, price range, and preferred specs/genres/etc?

There are alot of different C-1 models and a different model may fit your needs better than a Hellraiser.

My amp's a line6 spider II 15 watt
I play mostly metal, but I like to play more mellow, clean stuff sometimes
Specs:
Left-handed
24 frets
Set-neck or neck-through construction (no bolt-ons)
Floyd Rose original
Ebony fretboard (prefered, but optionnal)
I'd rather have jumbo or x-jumbo frets
I also like to have separate volume knobs for each pickup
I prefer satin finishes, but looks are at the very bottom of my list..

Price is not to much of a problem, but I'd prefer to go up to $1500
Carvin custom shop? For that price you could get a completely custom guitar with those specs.

http://www.carvinguitars.com/

But seriously, spend maybe $1000 on the guitar at most then buy a decent tube amp. It won't matter what guitar you play through the Spider, it isn't going to sound great. Check ebay for a used Peavey 5150 or Valveking.

Yeah tubes amps seem interesting, but the thing with Carvin is that Floyd Rose bridges are only available on their right-handed guitars. I'd definitely consider this brand if I wanted a fixed bridge though... Being a lefty sometimes sucks lol
Last edited by jbab at Aug 12, 2009,
I play with the strings flipped (thickest string is on top). Finding a guitar wouldn't be that much of a challenge if I played on an upside-down right handed guitar lol
I got one at the start of the year and its a godly guitar,improved my playing immensely, I would suggest you get the 7 string model too,only flaws I can think off are you can't do large stretches because the cutaway isn't big enough but its no big deal.

The Highpoints:
The way you can pull up on the volume knobs and change tones to suit acoustic playing
The wham bar is incredible
Have barely had to tune it,only once had to open the locking nut to drop tune and changing strings obviously
easy access to volume/tone knobs and pickup selector switch
Rosewood fretboard and Maple body give a great sound
EMGs sound great,really good sustain when bending
what more can I say
The cutout is only on one side of the neck so the higher frets would be almost impossible to reach... And I don't really like how it looks lol