Alright currently im using a Boss BD-2 and im not happy with it due alot to the hiss that is acompanying its use. Iv tried different adapters and this is hiss still is present and it drives me mad. I have had one guy chalk it up as "digital" hiss which sounds completely logical to me. I am in want and desire of a new OD pedal that is under $200. I have looked around and my intrest are peaked in a couple. (Mainly The Fulldrive mosfet 2 and the Earthquaker devices White Light OD) I play in a Garage Blues Duo, A blues trio and am currently working on getting an indie 5 peice started. Anyway I play An Artcore, Double jet and strat into a Epi Blues custom. Iv named a couple pedals and if it is requested i could name a couple bands. Im not exactly looking for a Mid booster like a tube screamer but I am looking for something that would contribute to more of a distinctive tone and Im also leaning away from OD's that can be pushed to give Fuzz tones, seeing as I already have my big Muff for that. Anyway, has anyone played any great obscure OD's that sound like what im looking for? Thanx in advance.
If love was money I could afford you honey.

Bandalism [Ban-dil-i-zem] n.: the willful or malicious destruction of, or damage to, the fabric of a rock/pop/indie/metal group brought about by one or more of its members.
Fulltone OCD
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Ya know iv heard that. Alot of Fulldrive review videos on YT have had comments with many say they prefere the ocd. Iv been intreseted in playing one for a while.

Bandalism [Ban-dil-i-zem] n.: the willful or malicious destruction of, or damage to, the fabric of a rock/pop/indie/metal group brought about by one or more of its members.
I jus watched a video. The OCD is damn close to the Danelectro CC Overdrive. Not quite the same, but close as hell. This video floored me. lol. http://www.youtube.com/comment_servlet?all_comments&v=VXxIp9CYnp8&fromurl=/watch%3Fv%3DVXxIp9CYnp8

Im ganna check it out. thanx

Damn that thing does sound great. I like alot of stuff from Visual sounds. The route 66 is a good pedal (my buddy has one) and i think the guys from the strokes play Jekyll and hyde

Quote by The3rdMugician
I jus watched a video. The OCD is damn close to the Danelectro CC Overdrive. Not quite the same, but close as hell. This video floored me. lol. http://www.youtube.com/comment_servlet?all_comments&v=VXxIp9CYnp8&fromurl=/watch%3Fv%3DVXxIp9CYnp8

The Dano sounds more brittle and harsh than the OCD which has some creamy, smooth overdrive
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
yea, but they r similar

If you could stretch your budget about $20 dollars i recommend the Lovepedal E6. Smokes the OCD, which to my ears is a tad harsh, and as a boost pedal, the volume taper is ridiculously quiet. The Lovepedal will also clean up better with your guitar's volume, if that matters.

EDIT: or look at the timmy, never played one, but get great reviews everywhere i look.
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
Last edited by Austin_Scharosc at Aug 13, 2009,
Quote by hell_monkey
The Dano sounds more brittle and harsh than the OCD which has some creamy, smooth overdrive

The Dano's also 1/3 of the price.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??