i'm trying to learn van halen eruption and there some parts that you kinda just have to do you own thing and i'm new to this so could anyone tell me what key its in.
also how to tell myself for future reference thanks
No, Antis0cial, whoever you may be, the somg starts off in an Ab pentatonic and then gradually works it's way into an Em. The tremolo picked part of the second phase is based directly off of Etude No. 2 by Rodolphe Kreutzer, and then the third part simply has no key signature. Finally, the tapping solo is a Baroque Era chord progression in the key of Em.
Quote by slayer1979
No, Antis0cial, whoever you may be, the somg starts off in an Ab pentatonic and then gradually works it's way into an Em. The tremolo picked part of the second phase is based directly off of Etude No. 2 by Rodolphe Kreutzer, and then the third part simply has no key signature. Finally, the tapping solo is a Baroque Era chord progression in the key of Em.

Best description and breakdown Ive heard yet of the song. Well done.
Quote by Sean0913
Best description and breakdown Ive heard yet of the song. Well done.

Really? was that necessary ?
Quote by slayer1979

The third part has SOME key signature, it just contains a bunch of chromatics depending how you look at it.
Quote by Zanon
Really? was that necessary ?

No, but more constructive than yours.