I'm thinking about getting an Iceman but none of the stores around me have one that I can try out...so what are your opinions on the Iceman? I am mostly concerned though with how good it is versus it's price, because I got an RG model for $700 that was alright, and the Iceman is only $800, so I just want to make sure it's good.

Also if anyone would know this, how does it compare to the Sam Totman custom version?
Hahaha very nice image. I never looked at it that way, to me it looked like a crippled/mutant dragon's jaw.
Quote by Perp8tualMotion
Thank you, Red Comet, for restoring a bit of my faith in human kind.
Quote by The Red Comet
Hahaha very nice image. I never looked at it that way, to me it looked like a crippled/mutant dragon's jaw.

Wat.
What the fuck does a crippled/mutant dragon's jaw look like?
Srsly.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by Vauxite

Wat.
What the fuck does a crippled/mutant dragon's jaw look like?
Srsly.

I don't know. I imagine a picture of a dragon with a very long snout, except the jaw is too long and crooked.
Quote by Perp8tualMotion
The main difference between the "normal" Iceman and Sam's signature is the Floyd Rose style tremolo.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by haz_uk
that's one of the ugliest guitars on the market.

I politely beg to differ...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by The Red Comet
I don't know. I imagine a picture of a dragon with a very long snout, except the jaw is too long and crooked.

You have quite the imagination.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by steven seagull
I politely beg to differ...

Haha I don't think merely showing another image of the guitar he considers ugly is going to change his opinion. It may even reinforce it.

Personally I'm not so hot for it either, I basically just like superstrat/strat shapes.
Quote by Perp8tualMotion
My favorite guitar shape. I have an IC-200, love the look and feel. Really heavy though. I would probably upgrade and get an IC-400 or ICT700 if I had the chance. I'd say go for it. Just compare the specs.
I'm not a fan of the Iceman, but as soon as you flip it and get Paul Gilbert's Fireman, I think it looks fantastic!
Ive played my fair share of them and i likes the ICT700 i think its called, way over the sam totman sig. The totman isnt a bad guitar but it just didnt do it for me and afew others i know.

The string through versions they used to do are awesome or the darren malakian sig, thats the best iceman ive ever actually played even with the ibanez stock pups
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs