What's exactly the diffrence between a Gibson Melody Maker to Les Paul Junior?
And generaly, how's the Melody Maker for hard/alternative rock and punk?
the main difference isis that the melody maker has a single coil picku whilst the les paul juniour has a pickup although on some occasions they have the same pickups
I'd go for a junior for that, the junior usually has a p-90 whilst the melody maker has a single.
That's cool, give one a go, my mate plays a melody maker in a hardcore punk band nad gets some monster sounds outta it.
You would be better getting an Epiphone man...

The Melody Maker is an awful piece of kit IMO
Well,i'm thinking of getting a second guitar,and since i'm not gonna get more cash anytime soon,my budget is around 400 bucks,and i'm looking for a guitar without humbuckers,thought this'll be a good idea.
Quote by Firebirdz
Well,i'm thinking of getting a second guitar,and since i'm not gonna get more cash anytime soon,my budget is around 400 bucks,and i'm looking for a guitar without humbuckers,thought this'll be a good idea.

yeah dont worry man, I am always stuck to a budget when I buy a new guitar
the only real problem with the Melody Maker is that it only has one pickup, because of that it doesn't really have that much tonal range
The Melody Maker is actually pretty good guitar for the price. I heard stories of their bridges being kind of faulty though.
Forgive them Father, they know not what they do.
Any idea for another single coiler for 400?
Or,how much would it cost to put in a P-90(get the wood cut at shop and put one in)?
Why not a used fender strat? It beats the melody maker in almost every way, however that one or so ways is pretty big The only cool thing about the Melody Maker, is that even though its a single coil, it isn't twangy like a strat or tele, it is still bright but its a different type of sound. I would try out the Melody Maker, but it isn't my style, it will give you a unique sound, thats for sure, but the sound isn't my style. The other thing is I hear the build quality is the pits.
My Gear
PRS SE Custom
Fender Standard Customized Fat Strat
Baby Taylor Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss SOD-1
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Peavey Channel Selector
Fender 25R practice amp
I did try it and like it,thing is i wanted other opinions about it.
I don't really want a twangy sound.
Any 1 kknows about my p-90 related question?
Well your using a single coil, it is gonna be twangy, at least a little... The Melody Maker is a good guitar, its not my thing, but what opinion do you need, if you liked it, then isn't that good enough? To put in a P90 they would need to route a bigger hole I believe, and you would need to pay for the pickup and installation, your looking at probably $150 US total, I would think, I may be off though.
My Gear
PRS SE Custom
Fender Standard Customized Fat Strat
Baby Taylor Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss SOD-1
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Peavey Channel Selector
Fender 25R practice amp
He melody maker makes an awesome slide guitar. Theyre not bad priced but lets just say its what gibson class as an entry guitar. If you can do the jr that would be worth saving abit extra
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Why don't you look at a Mexican Fender Tele if you want somthing with single coils and a thick body.
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
I say get the 2p version of the Melody Maker. Versatile and comfortable to play, and won't break the bank. A telecaster is always a good option if you like the sound. They're both very different guitars.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I think the Melody Makers are weird instruments. They feel kind of cheap and nasty, but yet they're easy to play and sound absolutely brilliant. Very queer, I have to say.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Sid McCall
I say get the 2p version of the Melody Maker. Versatile and comfortable to play, and won't break the bank. A telecaster is always a good option if you like the sound. They're both very different guitars.

Can you give me a link to one?