So me and my friend are having a discussion as to whether bullet are emo or not.

Im saying they are and hes saying they are not, so what are your opinions.
Quote by Venice King
Snatch is such a crude term - Use a better one like axe-wound or cave-opening.

Gear:
Ibanez ART300
Roland Cube 20X

I make trip-hop
https://soundcloud.com/chris-thomas-214
^ Check it out
Emo

EDIT: Also, wrong forum
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

<-- Pretty much sums me up

8/7/09

^ I was there
Quote by Chris3235
So me and my friend are having a discussion as to whether bullet are emo or not.

Im saying they are and hes saying they are not, so what are your opinions.

Calling stuff emo is for kids wise up
Guitar - Music Man John Petrucci X

Amp - Ronald cube 60, willing be getting a Mark V soon
No. Bands like Fugazi are emo.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
nahh they're not emo. im guessing you thought they were emo cuz of the fashion "look" they wear?

they're stuff (music) is definitely not emo though.
Dude, you will never meet a bigger emo band. Just because they attempt dress like Motorhead from they're early days doesn't make em any less emo. "All these things I hate (Revolve around me)" and "Hearts burst into fire" are blatantly emo.
Last edited by Engel22 at Aug 11, 2009,
they're emo, but then at the same time, when compared with other emo bands, they're kinda metal
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Calling things "emo" deserves a facepalm.

Listening to and enjoying BFMV deserves a double facepalm.

/jerk
Quote by kayaress one

Sir, I love you.

Quote by ipunchcouches
Umm, Fugazi is not emo.

Well, not the emo pop punk stuff today. Back in the day they were the real emo bands. Not the bad emo. The good emo.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by sk8nalmost1394
They suck. So does it really matter what genre their suck is in?

This /\
Are grammar emo?
GEAR
________

Jackson RR3 w/ Dimebucker
Epiphone G400 Extreme
Marshall Mg30 Dfx (It does the job),
Kelry Sinister Strings, 10 - 52's
Dunlop Jazz III's or Dunlop purple 2.00 tortex(sharpened).
last time i checked emo is a fashion, not a music genre. Yes they may have the look and have emo fans, but they are not emo. I had the pleasure of meeting them and they are very happy guys that enjoy life and dont complain about life like emos do.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
they are poo poo
ESP Eclipse I CTM FR (KGC BRASS BLOCK + IronGear Blues Engine + Dirty Torque + BCS Wiring Kit
Jet City Fusion

Blackstar S1-104 EL34

Engl Standard 4x12 (V60's)

Korg PitchBlack
ZCAT Delay-Reverb
Snarling Dogs Whine-O-Wah
last time i checked emo is a fashion, not a music genre. Yes they may have the look and have emo fans, but they are not emo. I had the pleasure of meeting them and they are very happy guys that enjoy life and dont complain about life like emos do.

Yeah but the fanbase is all emos, and emo isn't a fashion its both a genre and a fashion "statement". Or, better known as "The self suicide of my generation".
I don't know what they are, but I don't like 'em. The concept of what's metal today is very "wide". But I don't care, because I just listen to 80s thrash, stuff like that, so I don't keep up with today's music much...

EXCEPT FOR CANNIBAL CORPSE!

(Among other things...)
Lets see what the almighty wikipedia says:

Emo (pronounced /ˈiːmoʊ/) is a style of rock music typically characterized by melodic musicianship and expressive, often confessional lyrics. It originated in the mid-1980s hardcore punk movement of Washington, D.C., where it was known as "emotional hardcore" or "emocore" and pioneered by bands such as Rites of Spring and Embrace. As the style was echoed by contemporary American punk bands, its sound and meaning shifted and changed, blending with pop punk and indie rock and encapsulated in the early 1990s by groups such as Jawbreaker and Sunny Day Real Estate. By the mid 1990s numerous emo acts emerged from the Midwestern and Central United States, and several independent record labels began to specialize in the style.

Ok, I think we've learned enough to say Bullet for my Valentine not emo, but metalcore.
What is this "emo" everyone talks about? A new Sesame Street character?
@dbostwick
Show him Tears Don't Fall

Actually, show them Tears Don't Fall live, and he'll see a bunch of panda-eyes emo chicks on balconies and 14 year-old skinny emo boys spin-kicking eachother in the face in the "mosh" pit
Last edited by The Shroom420 at Aug 11, 2009,
I'ts not emo, but apart from that only immature people give a crap about genre.

If you like it, you do. If you don't like it, then you don't. That's all that matters, not bloody genre whoring.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
they are metalcore, they dress in a semi emo way though
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR