The spider IV is being launched soon, saw it in a guitar mag, ill get a link up when it goes online.

Will it be an improvement on the Spider III? Its already got more effects, like auto wah

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
found this:

Coming In August

Spider IV 75 a Great Product Made Even Better Based on Extensive Market Research & Line 6 Insight!

SPIDER III: WHAT WORKED
Unmatched Range of Tone with Line 6 Amp Models from Clean to Insane
Smart Control FX Are Easy to Dial In and Sound Great
Instant Rock Star Connection via Hundreds of Artist and Song-Based Presets
Universal Praise for Spider III's Look

SPIDER IV: WHAT'S DIFFERENT?
Better Sounding and Better Feeling Amp Models Using Revamped Line 6 Modeling Technology

Total Control of Better Sounding FX, Use Smart FX Interface or Dive Deep into FX Parameters
Newly Remastered Artist and Song-Based Presets with Improved Preset Navigation
New Black Aesthetic Connects to Spider III But Now Vibes More Pro

SPIDER IV FEATURE
16 Revamped Amp Models - Benefit: Experience better sounding and better feeling amp models, ably handled by a SHARC processor. Amp models are based on the top-selling POD®X3, and optimized for Spider IV.
Total Control of 20 FX - Benefit: Use the familiar Smart FX interface for instantly inspiring FX tones from POD X3, or choose to dive deeper and tweak up to 6 FX parameters. Route any effect Pre or Post for unmatched flexibility.
New Artist Presets and Improved Preset Navigation - Benefit: Spider IV offers over 250 killer presets dialed in and approved by real Rock Stars. We also added a bigger LCD display and improved the menu navigation.
On-Board Looper and Other Premium FX - Benefit: Loop to your heart's content, or go crazy with our new intelligent harmonizer, pitch shifter, and auto-wah. Get even greater control with FBV.
Improved Direct Out Sound Quality - Benefit: Many of our customers use computers to record, and Spider IV delivers a POD X3 quality solution with Spider's ease-of-use.
Seamless FBV Integration - Benefit: FBV Foot Controllers make it easier to practice and perform, add additional FX like Volume/Wah, and are an easy up-sell.
Upgradeable Amp Platform via FBV Mk II - Benefit: FBV Mk II Foot Controllers feature USB connections that will allow for future firmware upgrades.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
It seems like their copying the Vypyr ALOT. Although its not got as many amp models, if the amp models are good, it might be OK.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
The revamped models give hope...but they would have been better off starting from scratch/ripping from the Vetta
WTLTL 2011
they're just gonna keep polishing the turd?
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
They should just completely redo the Spider series and make those models the best sounding they possibly can without making an amp as expensive as the higher range of amps they have. It sounds so digital it's just painful.
Quote by Bright Light
they're just gonna keep polishing the turd?

Same as Marshall.

If Line6 would just stop selling/polishing the Spiders (yes, yes, I am fully aware that that would be a massive profit loss, but this is hypothetical), they could focus more on their good amp models, like the Flex, Vetta, and HD147. I would personally love to see Line6 stop making the Spider, and focus on high-end modeling/higher end analog amps.

Shame it'll never happen. The profit loss would be massive.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by stratman_13
Same as Marshall.

If Line6 would just stop selling/polishing the Spiders (yes, yes, I am fully aware that that would be a massive profit loss, but this is hypothetical), they could focus more on their good amp models, like the Flex, Vetta, and HD147. I would personally love to see Line6 stop making the Spider, and focus on high-end modeling/higher end analog amps.

Shame it'll never happen. The profit loss would be massive.

They wouldn't have the funds to design/produce quality amps if it wasn't for the income the Spiders provide.

Sad, but true.
WTLTL 2011
I know, that's why I said it'll never happen.

I would LOVE to see it though. Line6 has some serious technology up their sleeves. They could do some serious good stuff if they could stop focusing on the Spider. Oh well. At least the Spider funded their best three amps now...

I still wish they'd come out with another high-end amp though.
--

--
I say kill the Spider series and start all over. I think that the bad rep the Spider series has will keep a lot of people from even trying the Spider IV, even if it does turn out to be an okay amp.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
I say kill the Spider series and start all over. I think that the bad rep the Spider series has will keep a lot of people from even trying the Spider IV, even if it does turn out to be an okay amp.

The bad rep also keeps a lot of people from trying the Flextone, Vetta, and HD147.

But as has been said, they can't scrap the Spiders. They would lose all of their funding for everything.

What they need to do is promote their better amps along with the Flextones.
--

--
I'm not giving up...perhaps the revamped models resemble the flextone.
WTLTL 2011
I'm not normally a big br00tz guy, but your band is pretty good, Mark.

And ripping off the Flextone would be a nice step forward. I'm actually kinda wanting to test this amp out...
--

--
They should scrap it and see if they can make a 15w Flextone for practice. I had an exrensive run on a Flextone the other day, and I've got to say I was very impressed. Apart from some flubby bass (new speaker would sort it), I had an absolute blast on it. I was out tryin guitars as I just got a new amp, but the Flextone would be something I would have my eye on if I had any spare cash.

The Spider 4 isn't going to be great, but there may be some improvement but I won't look twice.

The problem with these 2nd, 3rd and 4th edition models is that new players will somehow think it's a major step up. Having played all 3 previous piles of cr*p, I think this won't be the case. The Vox VT15 is a much better example of an amp that has been improved drastically.

Like I said, making a 15w Flextone would be amazing...
I don't see why they cant just throw a half-ass decent SS amp out there for the masses on an extreme budget. Like the Peavey Bandit, excellent example.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Well, I don't think it could be much worse than the Spider III.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
I bought a spider III about two years ago, then traded up to a Flextone III, then recently I traded up again for an HD147. i wish there were some firmware updates for the HD147 or the ability to swap some models for other new high gain models that have come out.

I imagine the Spider IV will be better than the spider III, but I am very sad they haven't made any new progress with the Flextone or the HD147. Vetta II (and 2.5) got some upgrades and everyone knows they are one of the very best SS amps on the market.

The true question is what were the sales like on Flextone and HD147 models. Something tells me they haven't made new editions because they aren't profit centers. For awhile I thought they would release the Dave Mustain signature edition, but I don't forsee that either.

They have the ability and technology to make some amazing new products, but with the sales of the spider taking the majority of thier revenue thats what they are focused on.

... Just my .02
- Anthony
PRS: PS P22, ME II 25th, SC HB I, Custom 22, McCarty 20th, SE Custom 24 7, Angulus SE
Fender Am Tele, Am Strat, 70 RI Strat, Esquire Scorpion
LTD: SC-607B

Amp
Avid 11R
Quote by i_am_metalhead
I don't know whether that is wise or not. On one side, you've got all the young lads n lassies who see the name "Spider" and remember that Total Guitar gave it four/five stars. See the price, the effects and the over saturated gain, and just buy it. If you change the name, you take away that thrill in many ways. I know everyone on here hates them, but outisde of UG, many love them and recommend them regularly, even famous musicians.
Changing the name and design will, in theory, remove the stigma attached to it, but only to a select few (maybe the half-dozen or so hundred thousand that browse internet forums such as UG). And maybe Line6 aren't really fussed about us losers?
To those of you saying they should completely scrap the spider series...Let me put it this way, say you are in charge of line 6, or any amplifier company for that matter. It is quite obvious the majority of amp sales from Line 6 are the spider series, even if they sound ****ty to you and me, they are still affordable and featurely valued for the guitarist on the budget, which in this economy grows more and more. Why would you dish one of your most highly sold products? The revenue from that amp alone probably supports the company.

Flextones and Hd147s? Great amps, not as great as the Vetta, which makes it the middle ground between that and the spider. Between the newer Spider valves, spider solid states and Vetta amps alone Line 6 is generating a serious profit geared torwards guitar players of all levels and tastes.

The Spider Four is just an update to keep Line 6 up to snuff with yes, other companies. In that case, way to go line 6! While they may not suit me or you, they are perfect counter parts to many players out there.

And the Vyper is overratted IMO.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Yup its a sad day when SS amps from close to 20 years ago are still tearing up the new blood... Its like what happened in that time frame? They just seemed to go retarded

Lmao

The new age of music happened. If its not an Ipod, its a record player, and tape will never see the light again, except for those obscure metal bands still recording a demo on a 4-track tape recorder. The same applies to amplifiers. All tube or uber-digital, anything inbetween must suck right?

Quote by AngryGoldfish
I don't know whether that is wise or not. On one side, you've got all the young lads n lassies who see the name "Spider" and remember that Total Guitar gave it four/five stars. See the price, the effects and the over saturated gain, and just buy it. If you change the name, you take away that thrill in many ways. I know everyone on here hates them, but outisde of UG, many love them and recommend them regularly, even famous musicians.
Changing the name and design will, in theory, remove the stigma attached to it, but only to a select few (maybe the half-dozen or so hundred thousand that browse internet forums such as UG). And maybe Line6 aren't really fussed about us losers?
Exactly. Most people are not tone freaks, its just the way it is. And most people that are, are just some ass who spends all his money on crap and doesn't even have a car or house. Peoples view on success is so twisted sometimes.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Lmao

The new age of music happened. If its not an Ipod, its a record player, and tape will never see the light again, except for those obscure metal bands still recording a demo on a 4-track tape recorder. The same applies to amplifiers. All tube or uber-digital, anything inbetween must suck right?

Exactly. Most people are not tone freaks, its just the way it is. And most people that are, are just some ass who spends all his money on crap and doesn't even have a car or house. Peoples view on success is so twisted sometimes.

True, except in some cases. For instance, a Marshall MS-2 is going to sound terrible to pretty much everyone (except those who don't have ears, I guess).
Quote by stratman_13
The bad rep also keeps a lot of people from trying the Flextone, Vetta, and HD147.

But as has been said, they can't scrap the Spiders. They would lose all of their funding for everything.

What they need to do is promote their better amps along with the Flextones.

I told my guitar playing friends that I'd bought a Flextone, and they all scoffed at the Line 6 plate on the front.

Then I started playing.

I knew the Spiders had tainted Line 6's rep, but I had no idea it was THAT bad. Bandwagons, maybe?
It seems like this is going to be just a POD X3 in amp form. If I'm not mistaken, that's pretty much what the Flextone is.
Who knows.. could be something worth the money this time.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.