Hello,

I'm planning on buying a new guitar now since I'm starting at a music school. I already have the Jackson RR3 with Floyd Rose and I love it, but since I'm starting at that school I need to have another guitar that I can tune more easily (eb, and D). So I was thinking of either the
Jackson DKMGT ( http://jacksonguitars.com/products/products.php?group=Dinky-Body&page=1&product=2910101803 )
or the DK2T ( http://jacksonguitars.com/products/products.php?group=Dinky-Body&page=1&product=2911006803 )

I like that the DKMGT has EMG's.
I can't decide which of them I'll buy. I want one that feels similar to my RR3 but that doesn't have a Floyd Rose. I mostly play thrash/death metal and 70's rock, and I'm lead guitarist in a thrashband.

What is your opinion?

Thanks.
I don't want another RR guitar, I love them, but I want a different shape.
get somthing with duncans they are more versitile
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
between those two - dkmgt all the way. the reverse headstock looks boss and it has a carved top.

this versatility nonsense is a myth, learn to use your amp properly.
Both Dinkys are nice, but I like the DK2T...its a more traditional looking Jackson, and the Duncans in there are nicer than what are currently in your RR3. The Jb and Jazz are great pups. In the end though its up to you- do you want great active EMGs or great passive Seymour Duncans. Both should have a wide, thin neck that is similar to your RR3, so feel shouldn't be a problem with either.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Good advice: sell the RR3, and try to score a USA Jackson for around 1200$
Much more fun!
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by haz_uk
between those two - dkmgt all the way. the reverse headstock looks boss and it has a carved top.

this versatility nonsense is a myth, learn to use your amp properly.

True to a limited point, yet close minded.

I can make a SUV steer in a rally course, but it sure won't be as efficient and versatile as a Evolution VIII, for example. Same thing applies to this. A player makes the EMG's tone, but a set of passive pickups are indeed more versatile since they can dial in more tones without sounding sterile.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
dkmgt, but get it in a nice finish, the default green makes me wana puke
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
DKMGT in trans black
Peavey 3120
Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Cabinet
Jackson RR5
Jackson DKMG
LTD EC-1000
TC Electronic Polytune
BOSS RV-5
BOSS DD-7
MXR 10-band EQ
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby
BOSS NS-2
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+
Quote by LP_CL
Good advice: sell the RR3, and try to score a USA Jackson for around 1200$
Much more fun!

This. try Get a SL2HT or a SL1T
i'd go with the dinky with the seymour duncans cause those pick ups kick ass. i wish i had enough money to get a jackson w/o a floyd rose. as much as i love my rr3 that floyd rose is killing me.
Ok, thanks for all the help

But one more question: I see that the RR3 and the DK2T are in the Pro Series, and that the DKMGT is in the MG Series. What is the difference between the two series?
Am I right when I'm saying that the difference is that the MG series has EMG's and the other har Duncans? Is there other differences?
Comes down to what pickups you want. I have a DK2T because I wanted passive pickups and the Crimson Swirl finish (which is no longer offered). The only difference between the MGs and the Pros are the pickups, everything else is the same.