Just want to hear some of your guys feed back on the zvex box of rock and box of metal, how do you find them in terms of general sound, looking for a metallica and tool sort of sound just wondering if the box of rock could cover this?

thanks
I'm telling you man, scour eBay for a ProValve, or either of those Wamplers I told you about.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Well stratman helped me out alot yesturday, and im thankful for that...but stratman I CANT FIND THAT PROVALVE ANYWHERE!!! My dilemma is i picked up a cheap fender with nice cleans (because i primarily play blues and classic rock) but i want a nice distortion for when I occasionaly play songs from metallica, tool, van halen.
Well LOOK HARDER!

Also, see if you can find a Plextortion or Pinnacle on eBay.

Why don't you get a clean boost, and just boost the gain channel? That's what I had to do with my Palo. It worked for me.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Lol but the gain channel on this amp is really quite pathetic lol, to my ears anyway...ill keep looking for that provalve man, seems as though the BoR is completely overpriced. I just hate it when i cant try out these boutique pedals!
well if i can find a good distortion pedal, and play through the fender cleans, which im planning on doing, i understand i'm not going to have the nicest gain tone in the world, but I just want a solid distortion. I was hoping you may be able to help me find this, not tell me what i already know forsaknazreal.
My opinion on Zvex (not that it matters much, though):

Great sounding, but WAY overpriced.

The Box of Rock is designed to give you a JTM-45 in a box, which makes it one of the worst choices for a "Metallica in a box" pedal. The Box of Metal is a bit iffy. I've never played one personally, but the demos on Zach's page sound quite good. Youtube demos tell a bit otherwise, though.

For a metal pedal, I would look at the Bixonic Expandora if you can find one. Radial Tonebone if you can't.
Quote by boroboy
well if i can find a good distortion pedal, and play through the fender cleans, which im planning on doing, i understand i'm not going to have the nicest gain tone in the world, but I just want a solid distortion. I was hoping you may be able to help me find this, not tell me what i already know forsaknazreal.

IMO, no pedal is going to turn a low gain amp into an amp that is suitable for metal. It almost always sounds crappy. That is why i am telling you to just get a Line 6 POD or something. It's going to cost just as much as any of these high end pedals you're looking for, except it'll actually do what you want.