Does anybody have any experience with either of the Randall Tube series amps, the amps being the 50 watt tube head and 50 watt tube combo. RG50TC or RH50T? I am about to start playing in a Thrash Metal band and I need an amp that's gonna give me a great metal tone that I can gig/practice with that is reliable. Randall seems to be the way forward for just that based on what I have heard/read on the net. However I was hoping UG would give me some input! Please UG
I've played the RG50TC a few times, it's a pretty nice amp that will suit your music well. It looks like they just raised the price on those to $700 new, so I'd look used if you're on a budget.
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
Not particularly on a budget. I think at this point I am confident that this is the amp for me it's just a case of do I want the combo or do I want the head and a 2x12 Randall cab with Vintage 30's in it.
Quote by Burningstar2110
Not particularly on a budget. I think at this point I am confident that this is the amp for me it's just a case of do I want the combo or do I want the head and a 2x12 Randall cab with Vintage 30's in it.

Have you checked out the MTS series?
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
The concept of the RM series is amazing, but it's not the greatest amp. I actually traded mine for a dual recto. All the modules sound exactly the same with slight differences in gain.
The MTS series is a great series. I got one of my modules modded a few days ago and it's just sick now. Perfect for things like Misery Signals and such. Sounds completely different then a lot of the modules made. I'll post a NMD in a few. LOL
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Quote by kylendm
The MTS series is a great series. I got one of my modules modded a few days ago and it's just sick now. Perfect for things like Misery Signals and such. Sounds completely different then a lot of the modules made. I'll post a NMD in a few. LOL

Sweet man. What did you get modded? By who?

EDIT: Mwalluk you obv. have no idea what you are talking about, that or don't know how to dial an amp in. The modules certainly do NOT sound all the same.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
i GOT A rh50 it's awesome.
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

7-String guitars are badass!
Personally, I think some of the Randall hybrid amps like the V2 and its sig counterparts can give a pretty good thrash tone.