Page 1 of 2
I'm sure a lot of you guys have met local guitarists that nobody has heard of but they can play amazingly. And like me I'm sure you think "Man this guy at least deserves some recognition."

And there's a jazz player I met at the college I go to named Bill Solley who plays a 7 string. Originally learned how to play classical and used the same technique for jazz. Saw this video of him that was cool with less than 150 views, so here it is (no, this is not me)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnOmLAkCK8o

Gets really good at 00:30.

So that's what this thread is for. Just talk about guitarists that are around your town or something. That you've met or seen that you think are really great.
Quote by The Madcap
I'm sure a lot of you guys have met local guitarists that nobody has heard of but they can play amazingly. And like me I'm sure you think "Man this guy at least deserves some recognition."

And there's a jazz player I met at the college I go to named Bill Solley who plays a 7 string. Originally learned how to play classical and used the same technique for jazz. Saw this video of him that was cool with less than 150 views, so here it is (no, this is not me)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnOmLAkCK8o

Gets really good at 00:30.

So that's what this thread is for. Just talk about guitarists that are around your town or something. That you've met or seen that you think are really great.

about your sig... midan's some weird fairy made of stone with a massive square head... wtf?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by Flipaningage
about your sig... midan's some weird fairy made of stone with a massive square head... wtf?

That's Princess Midna to you

S t a i r s s r i a t S

Quote by MushroomBomb
That's Princess Midna to you

thanks for giving away part of the story! I'm still playing it after all this time lol
Quote by Flipaningage
She has a certain cuteness about her.
ME!

Oh this Hawaiian looking fat man that was creating all sorts of sounds with his guitar at an open mic night. He played Little Wing and something else...

He was great at that Open Mic Night.

I got more applause after my songs!
Last edited by 100%guitarmad at Aug 11, 2009,
this thread is a good way for unknown guitarists to be youtube sensations
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
http://www.myspace.com/bonustrackit
The band of a blues guitarist called Riki Massini, from Italy, he's an amazing guitarist, I'm actually really annoyed he isn't bigger than he is, the biggest he's done is a tour of the UK (mainly wales, he was on BBC radio wales too) as well as gigs in Italy, he has a DVD and album out.

There's nothin' around for the other guys I was going to mention and I don't know my local music scene well enough to comment on local guitarists.
I've met a few, but two come to mind. When I was in San Antonio, we stopped at this little jazz patio cafe, where two people wwere palying jazz, one on sax, the other on guitar. Great stuff. We came back later, while a big band was palying inside, 3 old musicians were sitting outside, just improvising over some standards. The womman that was playing with them was great.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
*Starts typing link to my own myspace page* Hehehe.....
....Naw, I wouldn't do that!

The best local band (vancouver) I've heard is called Pride Tiger. They're pretty energetic, classic rock kind of sound. I think they deserve more exposure than what they have.
This one gut in my town was a total shredder.
then he got cancer
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
I jack off onto store aisles, hoping some b*tch will slip and get prego. It's sort of a hobby of mine.
A friend of mine is a phenominal guitarist, at only age 18.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
Quote by RobinTrower12
*Starts typing link to my own myspace page* Hehehe.....
....Naw, I wouldn't do that!

The best local band (vancouver) I've heard is called Pride Tiger. They're pretty energetic, classic rock kind of sound. I think they deserve more exposure than what they have.

pride tiger?! i love their song Lucky ones
A guy called Aaron in a band called Abstract. Unfortunately, they don't have nay recordings up and their videos won't load for me right now. His entire band goes to my school and are in my grade. They are the most talented people at their instruments in our school, I'd have to say.
From school..

Tim Miller
David Fiuczynski
Mick Goodrick
Rick Peckham
Apostolos Paraskevas

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
My bandmates dad is a great guitar player. Hes more of a blues player, but ive heard him shred his ass of. He owns a Petrucci Music Man model, a JEM and a vintage Gibson Les Paul Custom, and hes basicly the only guy that i think is worthy of guitars like that (that i know personaly of course)
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Jerry Sprauge from Topsfield, Maine. He and his wife got a band. I've played with them a few times.
Wow that guy was amazing. The only good musicians in my area was a band called Remember Venice and they broke up months ago. Now the singer/guitarist made his own band. Its similar but not as good.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by Xiaoxi
From school..
David Fiuczynski

Fuze is incredible. Do you happen to know a Dave Scher by any chance?

My local recommendations:

Glenn Rexach on iTunes, check out Living Joe to Joe
Dave Sebree
Van Wilks on iTunes as well
Just Released

And for violin and some more eclectic stuff:
Will Taylor & Strings Attached, Will's an incredible violinist and a musical genius IMO. Also on iTunes.

I'll post videos in a bit. I highly recommend you check out any of these guys.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I know a kid who goes to my school that's unbelievably good. He can shred better than anyone else I've seen in person, and just unbelievably good in general. And and its all really clean, nothing sloppy about it. He also can play just about any song you can think of. He didn't know the Power Rangers Theme Song though. That was dissapointing. But he's pretty cool, I've talked to him quite a few times, as one of my friends is friends with him.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
Quote by Xiaoxi
From school..
David Fiuczynski

You went to school with Fuze? I've seen a few videos of him, i must say, i was pretty blown away.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Brandon mother****ing White
It's not just that he's insane, he is the only guy in the local scene that isn't bigheaded.
His band Assassinate the Following just got signed and are sponsored by an amp company.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyQsn99YtAY
The lead guitar is him, and the vocals, and yes, he does it perfectly live.
Page 1 of 2