hey yall. I was recently in a bad accident using a power saw and Cut my wrist right through. The docters are unable to Put it back on because of the angle of the cut or something of that matter. Now anyway i do not want to give up guitar and I wont.

I was thinking i can get a strap on pick kind of thing made to fight on where my left hand used to be and start playing righty.

Does anyone have any experience with switching hands and playing the other way. Also what guitars should i look into. thanks for your time and sorry for not writing so much, 1 hand<2hands typing

-sam
Gear.
Fender standard stratocaster MIM stock(looking for new pickups please suggest!)
Roland cube 60 (the only solid state amp i love)
Ouch man, that sucks. I feel for you.

Look up a guy named John Denner. Easily found on YouTube.
That dude rocks, he made some kind of prostetic to put on his right arm.
He plays awesome!

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Oh my god, that really sucks! I can't give too much advice on switching hands (though if you practice that way a lot you should become more accustomed to it), I would like to offer you my condolences, for your hand.
Quote by Perp8tualMotion
Thank you, Red Comet, for restoring a bit of my faith in human kind.
My hand says ty. gota look at this in a light spirit.

and my uncle wants to make something like that for me. He is an inspiration
Gear.
Ok, keeping it on a light note....

No need for a new guitar. Totally perfect oportunity to do the Jimmy Hendrix thing !!!
That would be cool.

2001 MIM Standard Strat
My Gear
i want to start on a classical or acoustic guitar first. but can i just switch the nut over?
Gear.
Quote by Stratoman95
hey yall. I was recently in a bad accident using a power saw and Cut my wrist right through. The docters are unable to Put it back on because of the angle of the cut or something of that matter.

might i ask what you were doing? i mean cutting of fingers is one thing but through an entire wrist i'd almost call BS,no offence. if you're for real i bet you could get that pick thing made and practice a whole lot for switching hands
Quote by Stratoman95
i want to start on a classical or acoustic guitar first. but can i just switch the nut over?

yes, that's exactly what Jimmy did.

Most people think he played the guitar upside down. Not really...He just reversed the strings. The thicker strings were still on top...

I'm gonna get flamed for this, but I think he's a little overrated because of this.
When being considered a great guitarist, people say wow, he played with the guitar upside down, that's gotta count for something. But no, it does not.

Jimmy's great of coarse, one of the best.
I just think very slightly overrated because of that..

2001 MIM Standard Strat
My Gear
Last edited by jonmo1 at Aug 11, 2009,
Ouch! Sorry to hear about your accident

You should be able to relearn how to play with the other hand, on the bright side it can be an opportunity to achieve something different in terms of style and sonority

Jimi Hendrix was a lefty that played righty guitars stringed lefty. Albert King was the one which was lefty but played righty guitars stringed righty.
Cort G254
Software Amp Modeler
I had a power saw that i accidently flicked on while i had my hand leaned on the table and couldn't get to stopping it in time. Im going to go to my music store tommorow to hopefully get the nut switch
Gear.
wow man that's horrible, that's my nightmare as a musician. i don't have any advice, but i do wish you luck and hope that you are able to achieve what you want to do.
thanks.
Gear.