Page 1 of 3
As of late,
I've been absolutely fed up naive with people referring to music with
"screaming" as "Screamo"
or bands like Blink as "Punk"

So during my quest for genre justice, it occurred to me that actual "screamo" music isn't an often discussed genre on UG

Any UG'ers listen to REAL Screamo?
Majority of isn't my thing
but
I've been giving Transistor Transistor a good listen lately and it's not too bad.
Most screamo music isn't much my thing. But a few bands (Pg 99, Battle Fit For Joshua, Kite Flying Society, Wow Owls!) really stick out to me. Some really good stuff has come from these bands.
Quote by 12shinn21
There's a huge thread in pop-punk and emo for this.

Who cares? There's definitely hardcore influence in screamo and if Trivium can go in the hardcore forum, why not this thread? It's better than the whole front page being dedicated to nu-metalcore.

Real screamo rules, everyone should listen to Orchid and Trainwreck.
Saetia is amazing.
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Quote by 12shinn21
There's a huge thread in pop-punk and emo for this.

Yes, but most of the 'screamo' genre is hardcore influenced.

This is probably one of my favorite genres of music. Lots of passion, good music, and the thing I love most: chaos.

Some of my favorite bands I'd recommend: Circle Takes The Square (probably the best 'screamo' band, and the most accessible), Pg. 99, Joshua Fit For Battle, Saetia, Suis La Lune, Wow Owls!, City of Caterpillar, Love Like... Electrocution, Kodan Armada

For beginners of the genre, try Circle Takes the Square, Pg. 99, Joshua Fit For Battle, and Suis La Lune.
Quote by Dregen
Yes, but most of the 'screamo' genre is hardcore influenced.

This is probably one of my favorite genres of music. Lots of passion, good music, and the thing I love most: chaos.

Some of my favorite bands I'd recommend: Circle Takes The Square (probably the best 'screamo' band, and the most accessible), Pg. 99, Joshua Fit For Battle, Saetia, Suis La Lune, Wow Owls!, City of Caterpillar, Love Like... Electrocution, Kodan Armada

For beginners of the genre, try Circle Takes the Square, Pg. 99, Joshua Fit For Battle, and Suis La Lune.

To counter, most emotive HARDCORE is hardcore influenced as well...

I'm not sure where screamo would actually go. I'm pretty sure that back in the day emo/screamo/hardcore was a forum and punk/pop-punk/ska was a forum, but there was too much intermeshing between what is actually pop-punk and emo, so they just took those two out and put them together (and banished metalcore/deathcore to the hardcore forum instead of the metal one).
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by lordofthefood1
To counter, most emotive HARDCORE is hardcore influenced as well...

I always thought screamo and emo-core were both the same thing...
I'm in no way against a screamo thread in here, it's just that there's already a huge thread for the exact same thing. I spose it doesn't really matter though.

I may as well plug some Australian bands as well.

www.myspace.com/jamesdeanband
www.myspace.com/tothenorth
www.myspace.com/wearequebec
www.myspace.com/quietsteps
www.myspace.com/lefthandcutstheright
www.myspace.com/thepaddingtonbearaffair
there is a big thread in the emo forum for this but...

Transistor Transistor is cool...at least they're from my town :p
Ibanez SZ720FM
Ibanez GSZ120
VOX AD50VT
BOSS DF-2 Super Distortion & Feedbacker
Quote by 12shinn21
I'm in no way against a screamo thread in here, it's just that there's already a huge thread for the exact same thing. I spose it doesn't really matter though.

Well, I've went through some of that thread and of alot of it just seemed to be idiots spamming the damn thing. Maybe the people in this forum will be more considerate.
i just saw two emo bands tonight (i refer to all "emo" and "screamo" as emo) at charm city art space in baltimore. I saw Cloud Mouth from IL and Cougar Den from WI, great stuff.

www.myspace.com/cloudmouth
www.myspace.com/cougarden
Quote by 12shinn21

I may as well plug some Australian bands as well.

do you know Eucalypt?
they're the best australian band I know of
do people really need to bitch about genres all the time? it doesn't ****ing matter you ****ing fools.
Quote by kurtrip
do you know Eucalypt?
they're the best australian band I know of

Yeah I have the split they did with another good band called Needletail, but I really don't listen to either of them all that much.
Last edited by 12shinn21 at Aug 12, 2009,
Quote by gdgcandblink
blink 182 is punk

lol to you and then lol to the person below who said they aren't punk but "punk rock"

blink 182 is pop punk.. plain and simple.

on the real though, orchid rules

i consider Thursday to be real screamo and they will always have a spot in my heart. way more mainstream, still screamo though.
orchid, shikari, la quiete are my favorite 3
shortly after them bands like palatka, pg.99, funeral diner, comadre, reversal of man

btw: I feel that to much of the new bands are goin in the postrock / suis la lune direction...
i love post-rock so i am completely for that, but the suis la lune direction i could do without, even though they sound like a lot of other older emo bands so i wouldn't even call their sound "originial" or the "suis la lune" sound. But bands like Magdalene, Black Heart Rebellion, City of Caterpillar, and Envy all have that post-rock feel and it's awesome.
I also think it's relevant to have a screamo/emo/whatever thread in the hardcore section cause a lot of hardcore kids still listen to that **** and I'd rather just stick to one forum on this site rather than going through all of them.
Quote by FreeManson15
do people really need to bitch about genres all the time? it doesn't ****ing matter you ****ing fools.

It does when many people refer to ****ty metalcore as screamo.

Quote by willingvictim
I also think it's relevant to have a screamo/emo/whatever thread in the hardcore section cause a lot of hardcore kids still listen to that **** and I'd rather just stick to one forum on this site rather than going through all of them.

This man brings up a good point.
on the might of princes
Quote by handbanana
R.I.P. Shaun Hand from Metal Sucks. He leaked this album and now Jake Bannon is going to crush his skull
indian summer and city of caterpillar are ill yo.

plus the ones previously mentioned.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Suis La Lune is one of the best live shows I've seen.
Suis La Lune
Love Like...Electrocution
Hot Cross
Daitro
Orchid
Circle Takes the Square
Dawntreader
Towers
Pg. 99
Army of Kashyyyk
Fall of Efrafa
Ezra Joyce
City of Caterpillar

etc

are all awesome. Thems would be my favorites.
Quote by willingvictim

well in that case IMO i don't think 5finger death punch, KSE, and esp Ax7 belong here either.

I mean avenged sevenfold made a country song, hardcore not fu(kin likely.
on the might of princes is the best screamo band. daitro is a close second.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by SadistNation
i prefer needeltail on that split, their song is so good.

Which song do you have? because if it's the same split there were three songs from each band.
The only screamo I really listen to regularly anymore is Jeromes Dream, and Usurp Synapse.
Quote by Just_Matt
Atta boy! *pats makefunoflucky and heads towards the rear...*
Page 1 of 3