Im just getting started with creating my home studio, so far I plan on buying;

Shure SM57 for my amplifier
Perception 220 for vocals/acoustic
Still shopping for speakers in the $200-300 neighborhood, suggestions?

And an Mbox 2 with pro tools. The guy at my local shop said its important to have a good enough computer to support the mbox. The Mbox calls for a computer with the minimum of 1GB of RAM. I have an Athlon 64 3400+ with 200GB of disk memory. But the RAM is 1024. Im not sure how close 1024 is to 1GB.. And when I go into system specs it says I only have 2.39 GHz, 896mb available? Is it going to be that big of a deal or am I going to have to shop around for another interface?

Also, any suggestions are appreciated. I will be playing anything from grinding loud electric to very subtle and relaxing acoustic, and singing. Thanks!
1024 is one Gigabyte. AS for the processor, I don't know what speed the specified processor is, if the speed of your processor matches that of the required one, you should be good, I would recommend getting a bigger hard drive though since audio takes up lots of space.
You should probably get either another internal HDD or an external one to put all audio files in. Otherwise, protools may run slow.

And yeah, 1024(MB) = 1GB.

I have the Mbox 2, it's really good. I run it with an E6750, which is 2.8Ghz. Also, you could just get another stick of RAM, it's not like it's expensive. I'm going to assume the RAM you have in there right now is pretty old, so you could get another stick (Of the SAME kind) for pretty cheap.

I use Fostex PM0.4 active monitors. They do the job, but I don't have anything to compare it to, so I can't be much help there.
Quote by peacemaker898
You should probably get either another internal HDD or an external one to put all audio files in. Otherwise, protools may run slow.

And yeah, 1024(MB) = 1GB.

I have the Mbox 2, it's really good. I run it with an E6750, which is 2.8Ghz. Also, you could just get another stick of RAM, it's not like it's expensive. I'm going to assume the RAM you have in there right now is pretty old, so you could get another stick (Of the SAME kind) for pretty cheap.

I use Fostex PM0.4 active monitors. They do the job, but I don't have anything to compare it to, so I can't be much help there.

I was actually looking at the Fostex PM0.4 pair. What kind of music do you play?
The MBox2 will actually run on 512Mb RAM with a little tweaking but you won't get very good performance out of it. I'd suggest upgrading your RAM if you're planning to use the MBox. I currently have 2Gb, which is my max since I run a mini-PC, and that works well unless I start piling on the virtual instruments and sample sets.

And might I recommend the Studio Projects B1 microphone for your vocals (http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/B1Mic/). I've been using it a lot lately, I actually got one for free, and it's completely replaced my trusty old ADK A-51 for vocals. All the vocals on the songs in my profile were done with that mic (and everything is recorded using an MBox2 Mini).