Hey guys,

I'm planning on buying a finished guitar body from stewmac soon, and judging by the online pictures, it looks great for >$200.

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bodies,_necks,_wood/Electric_guitar:_Bodies/Flametop-S_Front-routed_Guitar_Bodies.html
The BlueBurst one.

But, things in real life can vary greatly from pictures, so does anyone have any real-life pictures of finished StewMac bodies. (Preferely blueburst, but any will do) Or, anyone have any feedback on them?

Thanks guys.
Weekend Warrior
I, also am wondering about this, and was looking at them earlier today. Anyone have any info on what these would be like to relic one? Or would it be easier to just get an unfinished body, and go from there?
Quote by acousticapertur
Anyone have any info on what these would be like to relic one?
They have poly finishes so relic'ing them will be hard, and though it is possible to do it, it would also look very obviously faked. If you want a convincing relic job, the best way is to finish the guitar yourself roughly with a nitro finish, then relic that.

As far as those bodies themselves go: I can't comment on those specific bodies, but I'd be suspicious of any fully finished body that costs under two hundred. The same thing from Warmoth with a finish would cost $400+ and Warmoth's stuff is made to the quality of Fender american parts, so I would assume from that that the StewMac bodies can only be MIM Fender quality at the very best.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Depends on what you're saying about MIM Fenders. I own a MIM Fender, and the quality of it is on par with an American Fender. Don't be so quick to judge.
I own a MIM Fender and I think anyone who tries to claim they're on par with MIA Fenders is talking out their arse to appease themselves. I like my Strat but the MIA models are much, much higher quality, you can tell from the second you pick them up.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Their bodies are pretty good quality, I like the rear-routed ones best TBH. LOVE the blue burst.
Quote by AcousticMirror
Is my album list pointing a gun or a penis to your head saying buddy this thing is going to unload if you don't listen to the whole damn clip??
Quote by MrFlibble
I own a MIM Fender and I think anyone who tries to claim they're on par with MIA Fenders is talking out their arse to appease themselves. I like my Strat but the MIA models are much, much higher quality, you can tell from the second you pick them up.

Yeah that is true, I've played a custom California Strat then play a Mexican and the Mexican was crap compared to it but I have played a hybrid Fender that has a Mexican body and neck with American pickups (It was still counted as Mexican) and it was awesome and it did come up to the standard of a Standard American Strat. And I've compared My Fender Telecaster Deluxe which is Mexican to my Friends American Custom Strat and he said that my Tele was better, But they're two different guitars but the quality of my Tele is amazing.
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!