So yesterday I decided to start up on my V build again. I'll have pics up tomorrow, but ATM I have the body cut out and rough sanded, and ready to have some bevels + electronic cavities routed out whenever I get around to it. And I have a neck that I found at Goodwill, for serious.

Anyways, specs...

Mahog Body, 1 3/4" Thick.
Maple Neck + Fretboad, 22 Frets, 25" Scale.

I'm probably going to get everything else from GFS, it'll be able 175$ for pups, tuners, electronics, bridges etc... I'll probably be getting a P90 of somesort for the bridge and a humbucker for the neck. So I can have some good P90-y clean tones.
Quote by MadAudioMan
So yesterday I decided to start up on my V build again. I'll have pics up tomorrow, but ATM I have the body cut out and rough sanded, and ready to have some bevels + electronic cavities routed out whenever I get around to it. And I have a neck that I found at Goodwill, for serious.

And it's in good condition? Awesome. Good call on the P90s as well.
Its not like a name-brand neck, but I seems good... Also, yeah I want a nice clean bridge pickup, but single coils are ugly unless they're on a Strat/Tele, so I just decided to go with a P90. As it is still the bomb as far as looks/sounds goes.
Nice. I assume you've made sure the neck fits on your body, and fits your scale length, but if not, you should probably do that. Otherwise, I foresee bad things happening to your build...

Anyway, body looks nice, very pointy.

EDIT: If you're looking for ideas for the headstock, I would make it more pointy/triangular. Cut off that random ugly ball on the top. Maybe I'm biased, though, I can't stand Strat headstocks.
Last edited by rootbeerjuice at Aug 12, 2009,
Okay, no update for awhile... But, well now theres one! Anyway I got a buttload of rasps/files/whatev for about 50$ total today at my local Ace, so I can now shape tummy curves, beveling and whatever else. Also, I've decided to have a humbucker in the bridge and a P90 in the neck. Anyways, pics tomorrow after I've rasped some stuff.
I wouldn't get all the stuff from GF. Get a nice bridge and maybe tuners, those are worth the extra cash.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
^Yeah, I forgot to mention I'll get a better bridge and tuners, after reading your thread the GFS bridges seemed... Bad. I may get their tuners though. I have a set on my Pacifica and they're pretty good.
I got some Sperzels on my Tele and I expect them to be amazing. They feel great.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls