Hello everyone. I finally got my new guitar.
Schechter Damien 6 w/o the FR.
Kustom 12 Gauge Amp.

I just got it and im having alot of fun with it.
Only problem is I have no pedals and its strictly a clean/gain amp.
No effects at all.
So I was wondering if you guys could reccomend some beginner riffs/songs to play with just the clean channel or some gain.

Anyone?

Much appreciated.
Maybe try Kula Shaker. A couple of good songs by them are Start All Over, or Shower Your Love.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
the only clean song mostly through out it is "One" by Metallica, I know several others but this is the only one that comes to mind.

Edit: Another one i just thought of was "departed" by As I Lay Dying, really hurts your middle finger after awhile with all the tapping ( whole song is tapping ) I just started getting a callus on my finger from trying to learn this song after an hour or so lol.
Last edited by Tri-Bit at Aug 11, 2009,
I think Kryptonite by 3 Doors Down is mostly clean, save for the power chord parts. Maybe some Boston songs? Or Hotel California?
Quote by Perp8tualMotion
Thank you, Red Comet, for restoring a bit of my faith in human kind.
Any other options peeps?
I think Departed a little out of my skill range atm. Great song though. One might not be too bad if I practice it enough.
Here without you - 3 doors down

simple man - lynard skynard

one - metallica

broken - seether
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

anything by "explosions in the sky", "The Parkas" or perhaps "The Weather Machines"
Quote by Pilots
Discrepancy: While at 110 KIAS and 35 deg AOB with full right pedal, trims would not keep helicopter in correct Outer roll loop.

Corrective action:
Could not duplicate on ground. 11A799. NPPC
Try some Dire Straits! Sultans of Swing!
Quote by sporkman7
so what wierd things can u guys do? no not like laser vision or meat vision or something, but like random stuff that usually comes in handy
Once Upon a Time in the West - Dire Straits

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Wish You Were Here-Pink Floyd isn't too difficult.
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
--------------------------------------------
My avatar is a tree.
If it's your first guitar forget learning songs for the time being. Spend some time learning some simple chords and get your hands accustomed to the guitar, start with E A and D. Just learning to play a single chord is a monumental achievement when you first start, even that's probably going to take a few days.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
If it's your first guitar forget learning songs for the time being. Spend some time learning some simple chords and get your hands accustomed to the guitar, start with E A and D. Just learning to play a single chord is a monumental achievement when you first start, even that's probably going to take a few days.

This, its better to get well known with the guitar as in chords.
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
Im in the same situation but do what i do, make your brother (or other family member) stand next to the amp with the gain button, then give him/her a signal to hit it at the right point, i made him sit through 7 minutes of paradise city doing it, lol
When you are past the stage of noob, you then become a geek.....

Epiphones are the way forward! <3
LMFAO. I like Callums response. It's not my first guitar. Im not a complete beginner.
I know all my chords. Some Barre chords. Pentatonic scales. Been playing for like 3-4 weeks.
Had an acoustic but I wanted an electric to play some of my faves.
Wish you were here by pink floyd ive already learned.
Great song to play. Sounds better on acoustic in my opinion.
check out the Acoustic Seattle Sessions (or something like that) from the band The Classic Crime. it might not be your thing, but i love the EP and can't get enough
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by steven seagull

It's a lot easier to motivate yourself to learn chords if you can immediately use them. So I think learning songs and learning chords should go hand in hand.
Quote by werty22
It's a lot easier to motivate yourself to learn chords if you can immediately use them. So I think learning songs and learning chords should go hand in hand.

pretty much. my guitar teacher taught me power chords by giving me an easy song that used them. good motivation.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip