Im going to be purchasing a Fender P-Bass very soon. Ive heard mixed reviews about the stock pick ups. Ill be playing anything from pop-punk too heavier stuff like crowbar. What(if any) pickups do you think I should replace them with any why? For the record im traditionally a gutiar player so im a little out of my relm.

Thanks!
First, 2 questions:
1. What model is it? If its an MIM, that might be a good idea, but anything higher will have at least decent stock pups
2. Are you going to be playing with a band right away? If not, then screw it. Wait until you NEED to sound good before upgrading anything. The stock pickups aren't that bad.

Personally, I'd get Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders, or maybe Hot P pickups. Dimarzio Model Ps are good as well.
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
I've been looking to rewire, restring, and replace the pickups on my old beginner ibanez p too. Those stock pickups are ****, and the soldering looks like it was done by a particularly incompetent sixth grader.
Good advice, man.
ゲームを まけました!
Quote by kugelspot
First, 2 questions:
1. What model is it? If its an MIM, that might be a good idea, but anything higher will have at least decent stock pups
2. Are you going to be playing with a band right away? If not, then screw it. Wait until you NEED to sound good before upgrading anything. The stock pickups aren't that bad.

Personally, I'd get Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders, or maybe Hot P pickups. Dimarzio Model Ps are good as well.

Its just a standard p-bass. And yes its a made in mexico. Like I said im a newbie to basses so is that bad? I will be filling in for a few friends bands very soon.
If you are looking for a bright punchy sound, SD Quarter pounders are great. I have a set on my Accu Bass and love them. And they were very easy to wire in.
Yup, quarter ponders come highly recommended.
And to answer the other question, no, mexican fenders are not bad and anyone who says they are is simply being snobby.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
stock pickups are fine. that said, Quarter Pounders are the tonal essence of a barbaric yawp. and thus, are awesome.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I'm an EMG nazi and I love em but idk if they're up your alley so yea I also recommend the quarter pounders