Hi there, i purchased a esp horizon NT-II last year although i have absolutely no idea what strings they most likely came with, they seem thick to me, i play mostly neo-classical metal and all that type of music, do you know what strings they came with? Also, what type of ACTION is best for metal-neoclassical,soloing for great sound?
They come with country strings. Sometimes they use western strings just to be different.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
well, I don't know about the type of strings, but the action I can try to help you with. try as low as it can go without buzzing, and if thats too uncomfortable, try heightening it
i play metal and my personal favourites are Ernie Balls Beefy Slinkys...
But they're thick as hell.
depends what tuning you're playing in aswell.

The ESP will probably come with a heavy top light bottom around 52 -10
Peavey 6505+ Head
Mesa/Boogie Oversized Rectifier 4x12 Cab
Schecter Diamond Series 006
Ibanez SZR720 TGB
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Roland Micro Cube 10watt
Quote by ShogunRonin
Hi there, i purchased a esp horizon NT-II last year although i have absolutely no idea what strings they most likely came with, they seem thick to me, i play mostly neo-classical metal and all that type of music, do you know what strings they came with? Also, what type of ACTION is best for metal-neoclassical,soloing for great sound?

For real?

Everything is taste...but the strings you like, put 'em up and set it up to play how it feels comfortable to you.

There is no best.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
If you mean some sort of neoclassical shredding, lower the action as far as you can without getting buzz.
DR make rather good strings. A lot of people seem to go for Ernie Ball, but I believe they have a shorter life span.
im pretty sure the ESP horizon nt 2 comes with a set of .10 daddarios
Gear:
Jackson SL1 !
Jackson SLS3 w/ bk warpig
ibanez RGA 121 with D sonic and paf pro
peavey triple X with JJ 6L6s and celestion G12k-100
bad monkey
mxr 10 band eq
digitech hardwire dl8
paul gilbert's airplane flanger
ESP guitars have SIT strings, I was at the store the other day and play an EC-1000. I too noticed the strings were thick. The tag said SIT strings. I've got some on my SG but I don't really like them. Best strings I've played were elixer.
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
Usually stock ESP's will come with SIT strings, gauge 9-42 to save money.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412