I was discussing this with my brother today. A week or so ago, I was in Wal-Mart and you know how they have the stands of cds? Well they were all dedicaed to Michael Jackson. Every one. They'd all be advertising Thriller, Bad, Greatest Hits, Number Ones, all of them. You might think "cool, he is earning the respect he deserves. RIP MJ."

Do you really think they are doing it to pay respect? They are doing that to capitalize upon his death. They figure "Oh, Michael Jackson died, now we can sell more Michael Jackson albums". Which honestly, I think is disgusting. Thinking someones death is nothing but an oppurtunity for money, personal gain. My brother said it was a "clever business strategy". It's whoring the dead.

I'm not one of those "ZOMG Mikuls ded he rocks!" people, either. I've seen this happen to many people, and I really don't think it's right. Walmart isn't the only place to blame, either. What does the Pit think about thesekind of doings? Is it "clever business strategy or just being immoral ca$h cows?
Last edited by due 07 at Aug 11, 2009,
When someone famous dies, they become a lot more famous (usually).
They're just doing it for the money.
Yea, do something about it.

OH, THATS RIGHT YOU CAN'T, p*ssy.

Edit: you know the only reason that michael made some much music was for people to make money, so why stop even if he's dead?
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.
Last edited by rockstar mace at Aug 11, 2009,
It's not right but when a business has a chance to make alot of money on someone famous' death then they most likely will do it.
Questions of science
Science and progress
Do not speak as loud as my heart
Why the hell would Wall-Mart pay respect? Obviously they're going to want to cash in on this money-cow before it passes over.
Quote by rockstar mace
Yea, do something about it.

OH, THATS RIGHT YOU CAN'T, p*ssy.

I'm doing everything I can. I'm posting on a general discussion forum in the internets.
I thought this was going to be about the legality/morality of selling sex with dead people, which I would've actually been interested in discussing.

But instead I get another stupid MJ thread. You are an asshole.
Quote by Old Vendetta\m/
I thought this was going to be about the legality/morality of selling sex with dead people, which I would've actually been interested in discussing.

That is exactly what I was going to say. You stole my thunder, asshole
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
There's nothing wrong with "whoring out the dead" in the music business. You think MJ wouldn't want his albums sold to people?
Quote by namesroverrated
That is exactly what I was going to say. You stole my thunder, asshole

ha HA!

So is it legal? Anyone know?

I'm curious.
corporations dnt really care or MJ, they're just milking the sh!it out of his name, just like dean with dimebag
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Quote by Old Vendetta\m/
ha HA!

So is it legal? Anyone know?

I'm curious.

it is legal as far as im concerned, gotta get what you can get
MJ was already a huge sell-out in life, why stop at death?
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Bah, There arn't any Billy Mays tributes in wal-mart, I call Shenanigans.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Last edited by Sinister Waffle at Aug 11, 2009,
The point of a business is to make money.

The best way to make money is by giving people what they want.

People now want Michael Jackson music, because he's dead.

Walmart realizes this, and is using it to improve their business. As much as I dislike walmart, there's really nothing wrong with that.
Quote by Sinister Waffle
Bah, There arn't any Billy Mays tributes in wal-mart, I call Shenanigans.

Well of course they don't have Billy Mays tributes at Wal-Mart silly. You go to the "As seen on TV" stores and they have shrines set up for him. Great post-humous products too! Billy Mays Coffin Putty, Billy Mays Sawed off shotguns for defense from the undead. Great stuff.

Edit: And as for prostituting the dead... PICS NAO!
Last edited by TheChaz at Aug 11, 2009,
Dean guitars made a fortune off of those god awful razorbacks onlly because Dimebag died.

If he wouldnt have died then Dean wouldnt have kept producing those razorbacks for very long.

Just like MJs career would've died down if hed died say 10 years from now, and no one would've really cared.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by Old Vendetta\m/
The point of a business is to make money.

The best way to make money is by giving people what they want.

People now want Michael Jackson music, because he's dead.

Walmart realizes this, and is using it to improve their business. As much as I dislike walmart, there's really nothing wrong with that.

It's more than that, tough. People aren't going to Walmart thinking "I need milk, bacon, and Thriller". They are walking down an aisle and there are the commemorative crap that they shove down your throat, and people decide to impulse buy it.
I have no different an opinion of MJ as before he died. Actaully, I hate seeing his weird face whenever I go to Wal-Mart.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
they're getting money based off his death. probably like dimebag, but worse since as much as i hate saying this michael jackson was more popular than dimebag darrell.
I really agree with you, but a lot of people are listening to his music a lot now so it's really the public's fault, but obviously they don't care since they're paying respect to MJ
Quote by Old Vendetta\m/

This.
+1
call me Shelby