Hey guys.

I'm out looking for a new guitar. I'm looking for something around a $500 price range. It needs to have a thin neck, no trem system, and preferably something that is easily obtainable from a local store so that I don't have to buy online, since I'd like to try before I buy.

I play mostly post-hardcore kind of thing, with some metal. Though I'd still like something that wouldn't be horrible for clean, but mostly distortion oriented though.

I've already looked through a couple, and I came up with two I'd like.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG-Electric-Guitar?sku=481914

If you could recommend a specific Ibanez and provide a link that is slightly closer to $500, that would be appreciated.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Washburn-WI66-PRO-Electric-Guitar?sku=514238

I really like the tobacco sunburst finish, it's a good price and seems to have a lot of what I want, with the seymours being a little more versatile. But I'm not familiar with Washburns so if anyone had any experience with these that would be helpful.

Also, please don't just recommend a brand. I've looked through a lot of brands. Please link me to a specific model, or at least tell me the series.
Look into brands like ESP, Ibanez, Jackson, and Schecter. Just go on musiciansfriend or Guitar Center's website and search by brand, find ones at or near your budget, and then crosscompare your favorites.

EDIT: Also, for an Ibanez guitar right up at $500, look at the RGA42FM. It's no-trem and its quite good.
Quote by Perp8tualMotion
Thank you, Red Comet, for restoring a bit of my faith in human kind.
that particular washburn has P-90's (also known as soapbar pickups) which are very vintage voiced so not really good for what you played. the ibanez is good, but the wood feels kind of cheap and the pickups are lifeless, but its worth trying as it plays excellently for the price.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
that RG you linked is a good guitar. i've got a buddy that has one, and it's amazing. You may also check out the Ibanez GAX70, that's what i use, and i'm pretty pleased with it in terms of the kind of music you listed
Send this to you my master...
Here's to getting worse,
hope it kills you faster...
Show me how it hurts to rot from the inside out...
This vigil burns until the day our fires over take you,
Our father we forsake you.
Quote by The Red Comet
Look into brands like ESP, Ibanez, Jackson, and Schecter. Just go on musiciansfriend or Guitar Center's website and search by brand, find ones at or near your budget, and then crosscompare your favorites.

EDIT: Also, for an Ibanez guitar right up at $500, look at the RGA42FM. It's no-trem and its quite good.

You did exactly what i said not to, which was just posting brands. However, thanks for the recommendation on the RGA42FM, i'll look at that.

And I did see they were p-90s, but I thought that they still wouldn't be horrible for what I play. But maybe you're right, and I wouldn't put in the money to replace the pickups.
Quote by Kryaxysa
You did exactly what i said not to, which was just posting brands. However, thanks for the recommendation on the RGA42FM, i'll look at that.

And I did see they were p-90s, but I thought that they still wouldn't be horrible for what I play. But maybe you're right, and I wouldn't put in the money to replace the pickups.

Haha sorry about that, I missed your last line there.
Quote by Perp8tualMotion
Thank you, Red Comet, for restoring a bit of my faith in human kind.
Quote by The Red Comet
Haha sorry about that, I missed your last line there.

Yea, I probably could have put it somewhere besides the end. Keep it coming guys!
Quote by Kryaxysa

If you decide you REALLY want that guitar, and want to replace the pups, EMG makes active P-90's. They bring the br00talz to the soapbar.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Quote by sw1ss023
If you decide you REALLY want that guitar, and want to replace the pups, EMG makes active P-90's. They bring the br00talz to the soapbar.

Would I need to get p-90's, or could I completely take the p-90's out? I would get the p-90 ones if I needed.