Page 1 of 2
Any of you kids in a JROTC program in your high school? If so, what branch is your unit? Mine's Air Force (and it's the only Air Force unit for hundreds of miles o.O), and I love it. I'm getting promoted to Second Lieutenant tomorrow as Safety Officer from Chief Master Sergeant (which is the highest enlisted rank we allow). I've got another two years in the course, and fully plan on staying in it. If you've been/are in it, do you enjoy it?

I didn't think this was right to post in the Military thread, as you have no commitment to the military by being in JROTC. So...yeah.

So, right:
Are you in JROTC?
If so, in what branch?
Do you enjoy it?
"I'm not concerned about all hell breaking loose, but that a PART of hell will break loose... it'll be much harder to detect." - George Carlin
I was in Marine Corps JROTC for 4 years, got to cadet 2nd LT.

the 4th year you get a peon, so it was just "Go do this" and then waste time in the armory (where the rifles were kept)

I was also on Armed Drill team and color guard. I could do Honor Gurad too.
Quote by ToughGuy123
Ahhh man...armed forces...not fun.

Don't knock it until you try it tough guy.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
Don't knock it until you try it tough guy.
I wasn't knocking it, I just feel like I would be throwing my life away. If people like it though, awesome. People do need to do it.
im in a navy rotc unit

im gonna be a senior and im the new quartermaster

and im on the air rifle team (im the quarter master for that too), honor guard, our media team and the computer services branch
you brought a hooker to church?
Quote by whitenihilist
I was in Marine Corps JROTC for 4 years, got to cadet 2nd LT.

the 4th year you get a peon, so it was just "Go do this" and then waste time in the armory (where the rifles were kept)

I was also on Armed Drill team and color guard. I could do Honor Gurad too.

Nice. I do Sabers, but, I don't have the time for much else. Really sucks, I would love to at least learn Armed Regulation (Drill). I've still got two years to go though, so, maybe I'll get a chance
"I'm not concerned about all hell breaking loose, but that a PART of hell will break loose... it'll be much harder to detect." - George Carlin
Getting promotions in my school was really hard.

Armed Drill team was fun, we used decommishined M-14 rifles (the ones from Vietnam) and they were heavy, especially for how hard/far we throw them around.

Those were really fun days.
Last edited by whitenihilist at Aug 11, 2009,
I don't think my HS offers JROTC, and if it does, nobody is in it. If it did offer it, I'd do AFJROTC, that way when I join the Air National Guard in a year or two I'd get bumped up a pay grade.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
I'm not in it but our school has an air force jrotc. Apparently they do really well in competitions, (they either won state or were runner up last year).
This is my sig
Quote by thankyougermany
I don't think my HS offers JROTC, and if it does, nobody is in it. If it did offer it, I'd do AFJROTC, that way when I join the Air National Guard in a year or two I'd get bumped up a pay grade.

Yeah, if you go into any branch of service after doing...3 years of JROTC, I believe, you start off two ranks higher than everyone else out of boot camp. Kinda nice. If you go to college and do ROTC, you get even more perks, I believe.
Quote by whitenihilist
Did anyone else have to do community service hours to get promoted?

roger.

its really annoying because they keep changing the promotion requirements here so i just decided to stay my current rank until they fix it...if they ever do
you brought a hooker to church?
I'm in a Navy JROTC and I love it. I have don't plan going into the military but I like the program.

Quote by whitenihilist
Did anyone else have to do community service hours to get promoted?

Yeah.

Quote by ghostnineone
roger.

its really annoying because they keep changing the promotion requirements here so i just decided to stay my current rank until they fix it...if they ever do

They did that at mine also. They also changed how upperclassmen get promoted (freshmen (plebes lulz) have to get a PQS). You used to just have to write a letter to the Master Chief but now you have to get a PQS filled out.
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Last edited by CFH82 at Aug 11, 2009,
Quote by ToughGuy123
I wasn't knocking it, I just feel like I would be throwing my life away. If people like it though, awesome. People do need to do it.

Armed Forces not fun = knocking it. It was tons of fun.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
I was in AFJROTC for a bit, I left though.

It really wasnt for me, I mean, kudos to the guys there, but it wasnt for me.

I miss drill team so god damn much though

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by HWFG1
Yeah, if you go into any branch of service after doing...3 years of JROTC, I believe, you start off two ranks higher than everyone else out of boot camp. Kinda nice. If you go to college and do ROTC, you get even more perks, I believe.

I'd rather not do ROTC in college though, since you can't usually commission into the guard unless they overproduce graduates. Plus I wouldn't want Active Duty anyway, I'd rather be a weekend warrior (with the ever-present possibility of deployment, of course) in the Guard and still have Uncle Sam pay for my college, then possibly apply for a pilot slot within the unit or another unit and get commissioned that way, or attend AMS/OTS after completing my bachelor's anyway.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Quote by ghostnineone
roger.

It didn't really matter for me, Armed Drill competitions counted as like 6 hours.
We don't have that at the school I go to...which is weird because there's an air force base a stone's throw from there.

Sounds interesting though.
Part of this Complete Breakfast!
Quote by whitenihilist
It didn't really matter for me, Armed Drill competitions counted as like 6 hours.

You ever had one of those really short marines?

Made inspections so much easier it wasnt even funny.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic

There is one about evey other comp.

When I went to the week long boot camp thing they offered during the summer, one of the FM (female marines) was really short and did cadence really wierd. It sounded like "half height, half hight, half, half, half height"

She was CRAZY too, when waiting to get our barracks,she started ranting about how all people who shop at army surplus stores are pathetic posers and should just go die some where. Needless to say after that day we never saw her again.
Last edited by whitenihilist at Aug 11, 2009,
Ya I'm in Air Force JROTC. 2nd LT. I really should be a Capt. though I haven't tested for promotion in a really long time.

I love it. Summer boot camps, yelling at basics. Its all awesome.

I'm just bummed I can't enlist (blind in one eye).
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
Quote by whitenihilist

When I went to the week long boot camp thing they offered during the summer, one of the FM (female marines) was really short and did cadence really wierd. It sounded like "half height, half hight, half, half, half height"

She was CRAZY too, when waiting to get our barracks,she started ranting about how all people who shop at army surplus stores are pathetic posers and should just go die some where. Needless to say after that day we never saw her again.

Wow, talk about crazy.

Yeah, my buddy just went to SLS, I dont know if you have it where you are, but he went down there to Fort Wanimi or something like that.

The marines were COMPLETE douches, they actually threw all of the cadets' stuff across the road, and broke a few kids cots. It was rediculous.

Oh, and not only that, but the douche****s got everyones phones wet.

Sometimes I honestly wonder why we recruit the people we do

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic

Quote by whitenihilist

I had no idea you guys were that freakin' weird.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by valennic

Wow, talk about crazy.

Yeah, my buddy just went to SLS, I dont know if you have it where you are, but he went down there to Fort Wanimi or something like that.

The marines were COMPLETE douches, they actually threw all of the cadets' stuff across the road, and broke a few kids cots. It was rediculous.

If SLS is where you spend a week on base with marines, then yea we did that. We went to Carswell JRB and the MMA(marine military academy) in Harlingen. The marines were not that big of douches, more into humiliating people then breaking stuff. It was soooooo hard not to break into laughter then it was to do anything else.

The worst part was we had a VERY motivated (aka over zealous) Cadet Sergent Major, it's was prettry freakin annoying sometimes. He acted like he was already a Marine Scout or something.

Quote by Jackal58
I had no idea you guys were that freakin' weird.

What branch was yours part of?

Navy I bet.
Quote by whitenihilist
What branch was yours part of?
Navy I bet.

Allow me to make this very very clear. I was never in JROTC. I was never in the ROTC.
I was an enlisted man in the fucking MILITARY.
Army Airborne ftw!!!! I worked for a living.

I don't diminish your exuberance, nor do I belittle your commitment to service. I simply find it amusing that you didn't kick the cocksuckers asses or give them a blanket party.

Both more acceptable than fragging them.

You ever call me Navy again though and I may reconsider the fragging.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
Allow me to make this very very clear. I was never in JROTC. I was never in the ROTC.
I was an enlisted man in the fucking MILITARY.
Army Airborne ftw!!!! I worked for a living.

I don't diminish your exuberance, nor do I belittle your commitment to service. I simply find it amusing that you didn't kick the cocksuckers asses or give them a blanket party.

Both more acceptable than fragging them.

You ever call me Navy again though and I may reconsider the fragging.

LMAO...ok...ok I understand.

I respectfully retract my Navy statement. How long have you been in the Airborne?
Quote by valennic

Wow, talk about crazy.

SLS? Is that a mini boot camp?

I love ours. 1 week in the middle of July at Ft. Indantown Gap Pennsylvania (we are from Pittsburgh) staying in ****ty temp barracks that were only supposed to last a year.........back in 1940, ****ers are still standing.

I went for basic week in 06, then Officer Training School in 07, then staffed in 08 and 09, prob 10 and 11 too. I love the place, I'm on Inspection staff too so I get to yell and scream and not have to deal with all the marching around and babysitting.

You guys kept your phones? We have a contraband check and literally we werent even allowed wristwatches let alone phones, alarm clocks, snacks, ect ect. Staff is god, they decide when you eat, ****, shower, sleep, ect. Thats why I love being on staff.
Plus the staff can bring whatever the **** we want and we make regular runs to to the BX.

Home squadron life aint that bad either. As long as you're an ex CC and current CTO like me. If your a basic it's a **** life lol.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

My county has no JROTC, but I'm in the Navy's Delayed Entry Program, and I'm going to talk to my recruiters about getting me into the Seaman to Admiral Program.
Quote by whitenihilist
LMAO...ok...ok I understand.

I respectfully retract my Navy statement. How long have you been in the Airborne?

A little over 10 yrs active duty. 38 months at Ft Bragg. Another 30 at Ft. Huachuca Az. and a 3 yr beer tour of Europe. Hence my first post in this thread. It's a lot of fun.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by angus is god

I love ours. 1 week in the middle of July at Ft. Indantown Gap Pennsylvania (we are from Pittsburgh) staying in ****ty temp barracks that were only supposed to last a year.........back in 1940, ****ers are still standing.

I went for basic week in 06, then Officer Training School in 07, then staffed in 08 and 09, prob 10 and 11 too. I love the place, I'm on Inspection staff too so I get to yell and scream and not have to deal with all the marching around and babysitting.

You guys kept your phones? We have a contraband check and literally we werent even allowed wristwatches let alone phones, alarm clocks, snacks, ect ect. Staff is god, they decide when you eat, ****, shower, sleep, ect. Thats why I love being on staff.
Plus the staff can bring whatever the **** we want and we make regular runs to to the BX.

Home squadron life aint that bad either. As long as you're an ex CC and current CTO like me. If your a basic it's a **** life lol.

I never knew you were a Yinzer. Go STEELERS!!!!!!!
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by angus is god

Yeah, actually our SLS program out here is comparable to a slightly downgraded version of Army Basic training.

Damn man, you get all the ****s and giggles

Nah, they put them in a big plastic box, and since it was a Naval Base, and right next to teh beach, condensation put about an inch of water in the box.

Well **** you man You got the high life there.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by Jackal58
I never knew you were a Yinzer. Go STEELERS!!!!!!!

You ever been?

^ Ya being an officer has its perks lol
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

I was in Army JROTC for two years in high school and it got me a rank in the Air Force. A rank for which the Air Force has yet to pay me.

Also, on the topic of Marines, the other day I heard an NCO marching a Marine formation to the tune of the Imperial March. Such win.
Quote by angus is god
You ever been?

^ Ya being an officer has its perks lol

Born and raised dude. Born and raised.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
i was in marine jrotc, now im in the actual marines. ****s retarted. i mean here i am sitting on my buddies bed playing cal of duty 5, bored out of my mind doing stupid **** left and right.

eather way. rotc is lame, and the actual armed forces isint much better, oyu just get paid and get a gun that actually shoots.
Quote by Pilots
Discrepancy: While at 110 KIAS and 35 deg AOB with full right pedal, trims would not keep helicopter in correct Outer roll loop.

Corrective action:
Could not duplicate on ground. 11A799. NPPC
[quote="'played[out"]']i was in marine jrotc, now im in the actual marines. ****s retarted. i mean here i am sitting on my buddies bed playing cal of duty 5, bored out of my mind doing stupid **** left and right.

eather way. rotc is lame, and the actual armed forces isint much better, oyu just get paid and get a gun that actually shoots.

I was under the impression that Marines loved the Marine Corps.
Quote by madbasslover
I was under the impression that Marines loved the Marine Corps.

I was always under the impression that Marines loved Marines.
He is in his buddies bed.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Page 1 of 2