FS: Randall RG50TC Tube Amp (Upgraded with Celestion Vintage 30 + New Tubes)

For Sale:

Randall RG50TC 50W Tube Amplifier (Upgraded Speaker + Tubes)
-- Preamp Tubes: (4) Tung-Sol 12AX7
-- Power Tubes: (2) JJ EL-34
-- Speaker: Celestion Vintage 30

I have for sale a Randall RG50TC 50 Watt tube amplifier + original footswitch. I've upgraded the speaker to a Celestion Vintage 30, and the tubes to (4) Tung-Sol 12AX7 Preamp tubes & (2) JJ EL-34 Power tubes. The technician that rebiased my tubes was kind enough to give me a record on what was done, stating he "adjusted the bias to 70% MPD @ 465v idle."

I'm selling it at $400.00 USD + shipping.

For reference, my eBay IDs are:
(buying account)
(selling account)

Price is negotiable, feel free to send a PM if you're interested.

Serious offers please, no trades. I am located in Atlanta, Georgia.

I still have yet to hear one of these, but in theory they sound nice.

I don't know if that makes any sense or not. I'm kind of drunk.
Good deals with: Edwardthegreat5, anulty09, hunterd_67
I'm selling because I need the cash (paying for college tuition + rent). Basically I'll be amp-less for many months ahead.

Yep, I ship to both the US & Canada.
The following text from the original thread post, "Price is negotiable, feel free to send a PM if you're interested," was when I first listed the amp on the forums at $600, and was meant to be removed for this thread. That's around the price I paid for everything plus the Vintage 30 speaker & preamp/power tubes.

I'm trying to sell this amp at $400 and nothing less (excluding shipping). I feel like that's a solid price for this amp with the upgrades done.
these amps sound amazing... I love them!
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
I never did a sound comparison of my amp when it had stock tubes/Seventy-80 speaker with my amp when it had stock tubes/Vintage 30 speaker. I only did a comparison of the stock parts with the upgraded preamp/power amp tubes + new speaker. However, the overall tone was smoother & clearer. I definitely recommend it.

I don't understand why the amp receives a lot of bad rap. I would say any speaker change from the stock Celestion Seventy-80 would be a vast improvement, similar to a tube/speaker change in a Valveking would make it worth it.

It's a great amp, but I have bigger priorities and it needs to go to a better home!
BUMP

Again, I'm selling my RG50TC tube amp at $400. This includes a speaker upgrade to a Celestion Vintage 30, and pre-amp/power tube upgrades to (4) Tung-Sol 12AX7 pre-amp tubes & (2) JJ EL-34 power tubes.

If you feel more comfortable making the purchase through eBay, just send me a PM.
oh man, if only i had the money. :/
Quote by jdmurrayz
Fap energy comes from the soul, not the body.
Price Dropped to $350
Randall RG50TC High Gain 50W Tube Amp

This includes a speaker upgrade to a Celestion Vintage 30, and pre-amp/power tube upgrades to (4) Tung-Sol 12AX7 pre-amp tubes & (2) JJ EL-34 power tubes.

If you feel more comfortable making the purchase through eBay, just send me a PM.
This amp is still for sale