1. You'd have to rout out some of the body at the bridge area to install the trem.

2. I wouldn't be sure if it would 'take', considering Gibson-style guitars with TOM bridges have angled necks, due to the height of the TOM bridge. FR style locking trems are typically closer to the body, and the guitars that they are found on typically have necks very much in line with the body.

3. Alternatives? I'm pretty sure EVH had a few of his trems sitting on top of the guitar body without routing it out. I'll have a quick check and confirm with you.
yep, you gotta use a router, and you gotta know what you're doing. personally i'd take it to a professional to do the work, unless you've done this before or are insanely good with wood working tools
Quote by NakedInTheRain
1. You'd have to rout out some of the body at the bridge area to install the trem.

2. I wouldn't be sure if it would 'take', considering Gibson-style guitars with TOM bridges have angled necks, due to the height of the TOM bridge. FR style locking trems are typically closer to the body, and the guitars that they are found on typically have necks very much in line with the body.

3. Alternatives? I'm pretty sure EVH had a few of his trems sitting on top of the guitar body without routing it out. I'll have a quick check and confirm with you.

2) Couldn't he mount the FR to match the height of the TOM?

3) The Frankenstrat had a top-mounted FR.