i really need some new pedals and i want to know if i should save for really good ones or if these will be alright, i need a chorus, fuzz and overdrive
Most likely. From what I've read, Behringer makes cheap starter guitars (I may be wrong about that), so you shouldn't expect much from the pedals. I recommend getting something nice from Boss, or another large company.
they are absolutely terrible
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Strat
Taylor 214ce
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier (about to be Voodoo Modded)
Keeley TS-808
Boss GT-10 Processor
Boss RC-20xl
Quote by rocknskate4
they are absolutely terrible

well, in all honesty, you have an amazing rig and everything else pretty much sucks compared to that...

Behringer makes very cheap and unreliable products that don't have good tone.

What effects are you looking for and what is your budget? There are some inexpensive pedals out there that are actually pretty decent.
their delay pedal actually is pretty good for the price, it even has tap tempo that the manual doesn't mention. it does sounds good, and doesn't color the tone.
Last edited by CapnKickass at Aug 12, 2009,
They have bad rep. But people talk bad about them just because of that, without even trying out their products.
I just posted in another post about the Vintage Time Machine, which is a copy of the EHX Deluxe Memory Man at 1/3 of the price and the same sound. The phaser is a copy of the small stone phaser and also sound the same. They ARE cheaply built though, but soundwise some of them are excellent. With a huge range a product like they have, some are gonna be good, some are gonna be bad.
am i too late for behringer slam fest?

...if you want bang for your buck, you can't beat the old stand-by... pawn shops. most of the time they don't know what they have (unlike e-bay/craigslist), and you can talk 'em down to next-to-nuthin'.

if you're buying new, shy away from boss and the like. you can get that stuff at less than half price used, and IMO it'll blow just the same either way (with very few exceptions).
Quote by Business
They have bad rep. But people talk bad about them just because of that, without even trying out their products.
I just posted in another post about the Vintage Time Machine, which is a copy of the EHX Deluxe Memory Man at 1/3 of the price and the same sound. The phaser is a copy of the small stone phaser and also sound the same. They ARE cheaply built though, but soundwise some of them are excellent. With a huge range a product like they have, some are gonna be good, some are gonna be bad.

this is the key right here (before you start with the flames)... sound quality is on par with roland/boss. I'd put none of the above mentioned on par with their respective EHX equivalents... not to say EHX hasn't fallen on their face before, but that's neither here nor there.
I use mine in studio applications; for touring and abuse they might not hold up. Someone with electronic skills could replace the cheap parts pretty easily though.
Funnily enough my EHX holy grail reverb is the most unreliable pedal I've bought. It's got some kind of bad connection ever since I started using it. Though it sounds awesome when it does work.
Last edited by CapnKickass at Aug 12, 2009,
Quote by CapnKickass
Funnily enough my EHX holy grail reverb is the most unreliable pedal I've bought. It's got some kind of bad connection ever since I started using it. Though it sounds awesome when it does work.

lots of people have had a similar problem. I've had no probs with mine.

here's something that might help: is your power source isolated? holy grails don't like to share, and they will absolutely flip the **** out if you plug them into any type of equipment (to include powerstrips) that share an outlet with any lighting device.

also, are you frontloading it or is it in a loop? loop it.

check your jacks if it's one of the older models (mine is, and that's the only thing i've ever needed to replace).

oh, and if it is an older model, and it has the 1/8" plug adapter/power supply, use that, not some kinda' one-spot type adapter.
i just bought a boss chorus ce-5 in AUS for $60 bucks so im pretty happy . U reckon ill get a decent nirvana tone out of this? i can still pull out of the deal coz im picking it up tmoz. if i can any settings recommended?
buy dano cool cat pedals.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
I've had no issues with either of my Behringer pedals (muff clone and DD400 delay). I say go for it if you're on a budget.
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
when i got my seven string from a small music store, the guy sold me three pedals for 40$. all Behringer pedals..(hard times guy trying to make a buck) and they all sound great and seem strong..
Quote by emma9393
kjhgfd

EMMA!!

TS, they're okay...but horrible quality and parts.
So they're noisy and tend to break easily.
I have a few Behringer products. All work well and the pedals have good circuits (mostly based on Boss ones) Their weakness is in the plastic casings which feel cheap and light. For home use they are great value.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by nightraven
they're good value and they'll last, as long as you're not trampling over them
i prefer the sound quality of some of their clones of discontinued stuff to the poor modern digitech and boss pedals.

The DMM's too expensive...is the time machine actually any good?
Quote by unet
The DMM's too expensive...is the time machine actually any good?

It's sweet but expensive itself and hard to find. I see them on amazon but they're almost $70 which seems a bit much for a Behringer pedal. The "vintage" series are all really awesome though. They actually use metal casings and are SUPPOSEDLY "true bypass".
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
Quote by ianae86
I see them on amazon but they're almost $70 which seems a bit much for a Behringer pedal.

Well $70 for a DMM clone (assuming it lasts) is pretty good.
The original new is $320
Quote by unet
Well $70 for a DMM clone (assuming it lasts) is pretty good.
The original new is $320

Oh wow, so that IS a decent savings. There are lots of demos of the Behringer one floating around. A few on their site as well as Youtube. I'd check them out and see what you think.
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
As stated earlier, I own a Vintage Time Machine and it's really good. The pedal actually looks pretty solid. They even come with an adapter. I've found one online in Canada so finding one in the US shouldn't be really hard.