Hey, so i've been playing now for a couple years and have been looking around for a more midrange to accompany the Peavey Vypyr i plan on buying. Looking around i havem't found 'the one' and to be fair, my £100 piece of crap sounds pretty awesome on a decent amp. I was wondering why this is so i did a little research into my Guitar to find it has a Mahogany body and Neck. So i figure, with a pup swap here, a tuner change there, a nice setup and i've got a good guitar. Do you guys reckon the body is worth the money, i won't be doing much of the modding myself as i don't trust myself so i'll get it done at my local store.

Here's a link for you guys to get a more in depth explanation of the guitar itself:
http://www.guitarbitz.com/221.htm
if YOU think its worth it, do it. why not?
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
If you want a SG style guitar with a Mahogany body then I would say so.
Quote by j_taylor
If you want a SG style guitar with a Mahogany body then I would say so.

he allready has it. he is talking about modding it
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
I think the question you have to ask yourself is: Is the current setup appropriate for my playing?

If yes: Leave it.
If no: Mod it.

I have that guitar also, and I see no reason to mod it.
Reading the reviews on this site , it's pretty damn good stock.
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Last edited by RJackson at Aug 12, 2009,
The Vintage guitars are great budget guitars and perfect for a little moddery. Nice, moddery.

On a side not, I just saw a 40 year old Korean guy fall over on the roof of the building opposite.

Nice.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Yep, it's a great brand, notable for awesome low end guitars. The wood will be incredible, for the price, and the quality of the body and neck will be great. New pickups and hardware will do wonders.
superman is killing himself tonight
If the guitar feels 'right' then yes.But try out plenty of guitars thoroughly before you make that call.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
I do like it stock and i believe it's better than alot of the £400 guitars i've been trying out so i figure with a little bit of investment i end up with a £100 guitar that plays like a legit Gibson SG.