Before I explain what I did, I will explain the 'project' I have been working on.
I decided to switch the neck and bridge from a rinky dink small student sized guitar and fashion it onto a rinky dink First Act strat wannabe.

I put the neck and body together, neck facing up. I positioned the entire thing on the edge of my counter in such a way that the body and neck dont need to be held together in order to stay together. I noticed that the neck wasn't as close as it could be to the body, so I put some cd cases under it and some weights on the body of the guitar to keep everything from slipping (I suppose) as much as possible. I screwed the neck screws in and put in a low E.

Every note sounds the way it oughtta on each fret. I did all of this in a stream of conscious way, not really understanding what or why I was doing it (aside from the screwing). Can anyone enlighten me?
I'd say that you attached the neck of one guitar to another guitar
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
thankyou, thankyou. for my next trick, l will accidentally double post this thread...and done. comp got funny, sorry.

What went on is what I should be asking. Did I counter balance something or simply bring the neck and body closer or voodoo magic?
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
uhh... good trick, tis gonna get you kicked.

i still dont understand what you did..
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
hell yeah, putting a neck on a guitar is HELL HARD.
ive done it like 3/4 times, and then i BROKE MY HAND.

jk.

this thread (s) is stupid.

*crawls out of thread*
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
....You fit the neck correctly in the slot then used your handy dandy adjoining utensils to forge some sort of musical device.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Are you asking why it plays in tune?
Unless the two guitars have the same scale length, I'm guessing you happened to get lucky and accidentally placed things exactly where they ought to be.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
^Owned.

I suggest not screwing with the UGer with the best name on the site.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
I don't see how prostitution is going to help out your string buzz...
What's do you want to be "enlightened" about? The thread isn't clear.
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Could you take pictures? I have no idea what your talking about.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
thread doesnt make sense. are you asking why it is intonated correctly?
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
Quote by dandadog
Different scale lengths are causing the dodgy notes.

^This

um guys, this thread wasn't that confusing lol. i thought it was pretty straight forward. basically, he grabbed a random neck and was like "DUDE! I SHOULD PUT THIS ON MY FIRST ACT GUITAR!!" and so he did, thinking it would be awesome. after jerry rigging the neck to the body, he then found the notes to be out of whack because the neck was the wrong scale length.

either that or he simply has not intonated the bridge/ fixed the bow in the neck. most likely it's a combination of wrong scale length, bad intonation, and possibly a bowed neck as well, giving you absolutely crap intonation, etc.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by bored_maniac33
after jerry rigging the neck to the body, he then found the notes to be out of whack because the neck was the wrong scale length.

Quote by Phoenix Johnson

Every note sounds the way it oughtta on each fret.

All he did, as far as I can tell, is somehow tighten the neck to the pocket, but all the stuff about the CD cases left everyone confused.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me