Page 1 of 2
Today's my 15th birthday, and I'm feeling so uncomfortable. My parents are seriously making too much of this. They are cooking non stop and keep treating me like a king. Birthdays are really no big deal, and I'm so.. awkward in this situation. I just feel like a spoiled brat man. Is this stuff common?
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Well as long as you are grateful and stay humble from the treatment of your parents, you're not spoiled.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
pretty sure its common

just do the same for their birthday, and tell them how much you appreciate it.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Birthdays? I suppose... they happen once a year usually - that's the common trend I've noticed.
depends, are you mexican and a girl? if so, then yes, because it's for some reason a big thing and completely normal.

if not, then yeah it may be a little over the top, how have they acted on previous birthdays?
I can relate. I don't like the spotlight too much, even on birthdays.

Just show you're grateful and you won't be spoiled.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
I'd agree on returning the favor. Maybe offer to help. I don't get treated like a king, but I do notice I get treated quite better on my birthday.
The amount of celebrating depends on the family. But as long as you stay as modest as you seem right now, then it's no big deal. I respect that.
It's normal. Same thing happens to me every year. Makes me just as awkward every year. My family doesn't believe me when I tell them I don't like it (I try to tell them I appreciate the effort, though).
ESP Viper 1000 Deluxe

Peavey Vypyr 120 Head
ValveKing 4x12 Cab

ISP Decimator
Boss AC-2
Ibanez TS-7
Quote by CoreysMonster
depends, are you mexican and a girl? if so, then yes, because it's for some reason a big thing and completely normal.

if not, then yeah it may be a little over the top, how have they acted on previous birthdays?

Pretty much the same. They always got me gifts that I feel like I don't deserve. I told them this year that they don't have to get anything, but if they REALLY wanted to, they can give me some cash for the guitar fund

BUT.. I don't know. It's like this year is REALLY, REALLY special. I feel so undeserving.

He will be missed.
hell all i got for my sixteenth birthday was a cake, and i felt pretty comfortable about it.

but than again the day before we out to dinner and my dad gave me a stereo and some other crap as a gift.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Their just showing you love and comassion, also how much they care for you.
I wish my parents were like this.

EDIT: They might be trying to make you eat a lot so you'll become morbidly obese.
This my good friend is Child neglect. Run while you still can, brah
Last edited by lol2theworld at Aug 12, 2009,
I don't like celebrating my birthday, hate getting all that attention.

The presents are awesome though!
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by macaroni
I don't like celebrating my birthday, hate getting all that attention.

The presents are awesome though!

This one.

My last birthday consisted of a group of friends and I bringing a keg, some vodka/whiskey, a cake and some bud down to an area we have set up in the woods for parties (it's basically a big fire pit with logs circled around the fire for sitting) and had a party.

It was pretty much an average Friday night, but with cake.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
hell ... all i ever get is a "what the hell do you give me for my birthday?!"

but when the day comes, they love me and shower me with gifts
"take your form
be my fear, be my hope
be the indication
if i'm right or wrong

take your most dreadful form
and let it be known"
he provided assurance
Quote by Just Andrew
I can relate. I don't like the spotlight too much, even on birthdays.

Just show you're grateful and you won't be spoiled.

You don't like the spot light?

Here you are on a guitar forum where I'm pretty sure 99% of us would love to play music in front of a crowd for a living. You must be that 1%
Quote by gavincandance
hell ... all i ever get is a "what the hell do you give me for my birthday?!"

but when the day comes, they love me and shower me with gifts

that's what my grandpa always said

"you never got me a car for my birthday, why should I get you something?"

"but gwandpa, a caw is too expensive! I cant find enuff money!"

and then of course on my birthday, he got me a bike and made me awesome hamburgers
TS you are crazy...those arent your parents, they're the staff of a mental institution and its not food they're making...its your meds!!
sounds like a fantastic birthday lol, my birthday was the 10th and my mom and sisters stuck around for about 2 hours or so, we didnt do much but i was ok with it, prefered it actually, i dont like making a big deal out of my birthday, seems like ur the same way. enjoy it while it lasts tho id say, stay modest, and return the favor on their birthday cuz they deserve it
Quote by SmoothTrooper
i wake up every morning with a stiffy that could dent an Oldsmobile...and i know that everything is a-ok.

Quote by whatamidoinhere
Maybe we should have some kind of naked UG get together...

Imagine how horrifying that would be
I dunno, I usually just get like a cake and family comes over for my birthday and I don't really get presents. Kinda sucks having your birthday 8 days after Christmas, but oh well.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Quote by dubstar92
I dunno, I usually just get like a cake and family comes over for my birthday and I don't really get presents. Kinda sucks having your birthday 8 days after Christmas, but oh well.

Oh, that sucks.

Now that I think about it, I hardly ever get a cake Just loads of food and.. attention.

He will be missed.
People try to but my parents know that I don't like it much. My birthday's are usually just hanging out with friends.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
2 days outta the year that's gonna happen, birthday and Christmas. But if it's between that and getting bitched at the other 363 days of the year, it's an easy choice.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Yeah I hate my birthdays. They get worse every year, and I never look forward to them. Kinda hoping maybe this year will be different but...
Quote by Zaphikh
Birthdays? I suppose... they happen once a year usually - that's the common trend I've noticed.

How did you get out of FOTB?

And nah, I feel the same way, you don't want to be an asshole and tell them to stop, because they're really making an effort. Just be really appreciative and respectful.
Ha I remembered I used to be spoiled. I used to get a ****load of gifts and have a big party. Everyone I used to celebrate it with has forgotten me and now I spend it alone except maybe when I invite a friend to hang. Strangely, I like this change
My parents are JWs so I never get birthdays
EDIT: Until I move out and quit
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
shred knows more about everything than anyone i think

Quote by IchiKurosaki
i hope we never meet shjred honestly i love you but im scared of you
Last edited by Shredoftheday at Aug 12, 2009,
I ****ing hate being spoiled. I feel awkward even getting Christmas presents, and I actually go out of my way to make my parents not get me anything.
Quote by JackalUK
*pic of check and massive clown*

Think about it for a moment...

... date rape?

He will be missed.
Page 1 of 2