Does anyone know the gauge or size of the D'Addario strings that come with the Alvarez md60?
12s. And did it really come with D'Addario strings? For some reason, I remember my Alvarez MD90 coming with Elixirs, but we're talking about 5 years ago so....

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Hmmm.. I was in the local music store yesterday and kinda' drooling over the selection of Alvarez guitars they have and all of them had Elixir strings hang tags on them. They had a beautiful MD-80 (used) that really wanted to come home with me but I've spent too much this week already so it's still there all lonely and unloved.
Yamaha FG-345
Seagull S6
Epi Les Paul

My Md60 definitely cames with D'addarios.
BTW, I got this from American Musical Supply for 299 with case and free shipping!
They were also offering the MD80 for the same price. So was Z. Z. Sounds. Both of these sites may be out by now but you may want to check them out.
The MD60 is a fine, fine instrument.
Thanks for the heads up on the gauge width.
I've been dealing with Alvarez for quite a while now, used to be a mod at their site even. I can tell you with some degree of certainty that they do indeed come new with Elixer strings on them, not D'Addario. And that price you paid for your MD60, $299? That's an $1100 dollar guitar, msrp. Is it defective in any way? A blem in other words? I know it pays to shop around, but when I see savings that huge, red flags tend to go up and I have to think something's wrong somewhere. If it's a good guitar, so be it. You got yourself one hell of a deal. It's just that $800 off list price is pretty unheard of(on a $1100 axe) unless the guitar is somehow not fit for normal sale.
And .012 gauge strings are a great match for it. I would stick with that gauge, but maybe go with a set of Martin SP, phos/bronze. It'll sing then.
The guitars have been discontinued, and the stores are selling them at ridiculous prices as NOS.

Gear:
Where'd you hear that they were discontinued? Alvarez site is behind the times if they are(not surprisingly), because they still list them there.
Jim had mentioned it here, so I asked at my local shop and they said they couldn't order them anymore. Not sure what's going on with it though.

Gear:
LeftyDave, Thanks for the reply. My MD60 did ship with D'addario's with a factory attached tag stating as such. It's not a blem, and my thoughts are that Alvarez unwisely discontinued this line of MD's, which include the MD80 and 350 models as well.
Factory warrenty was registered and accepted by Alvarez on line.
I'd love to have a 350. Guitar money is gone for awhile.