Some guy's offering a Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat for my RG550XX. Should I? I play a wide variety of styles, both a Strat and an RG can cover.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Are you sure its a Deluxe? Not just a American Standard dressed up? (If that can be done well) Is there a dead giveaway other than the pickguard? Ive seen the V neck on lower end models, like the swamp ash, Ive seen standards with deluxe pickguards. Is there a give away on the head stock, anubody on UG know that one?

Value wise, it is in your favor, but what do you play.

Metal? - You might be better of with your Ibanez. (It is the 20th Anv. isnt it?)
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
I play everything really, I have a Les Paul that can cover metal though. It's a deluxe for sure, close ups on the S-1 switching, abalone inlays, embossed silver decals and everything. Serial numbers, etc. this guy was serious o_o.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
If it's all legit, I'd do it. I personally don't like the sound or feel of most Ibanez RGs. I also don't really like strats, but they are more my style than the RG series.
i would keep the 550, myself, but i love old ibanez's. even the reissues (likes your's) are awesome.

value-wise it's pretty even. the 550 reissues are going for around $700-$900 depending on condition, and a good deal on a strat might be close to that.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
i would keep the 550, myself, but i love old ibanez's. even the reissues (likes your's) are awesome.

value-wise it's pretty even. the 550 reissues are going for around $700-$900 depending on condition, and a good deal on a strat might be close to that.

deluxe strats go for about 1400 now... a used one would still cost over a grand, so i'd make the trade.
2007 American Deluxe Strat
Crate Palomino V32 - 1x12
Boss DS-1
Crybaby Wah
Maxon OD-808