I have this low end GFx guitar (made by groove factory) and i feel like modding it a bit... its already all disassembled.

The original color of the guitar is silver. Id like to paint it pearlescent green/purple. Im really new to guitar modding and i have a couple question i would like answered.

1. Will i have to put primer on the guitar before painting over it or silver is pale enough?

2. the paint im thinking about applying is normally used on car. will it still work on wood?

3. if i must put primer on the guitar what kind must i choose?

4. any other useful information? please tell me.

thanks
Quote by BelowZero
you like bass sound. wanna go crazy on stage. and want a "place for a whammy bar"

have you been playing for two weeks?

go get a squier....

Quote by jess2112
I've heard of a guitar with five colored frets, but they don't play well.
refinishing thread
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Indeed. It really helps to read stickies considering they're there to prevent threads exactly like this. It's at the top of the page, it isn't hard to just check the stickies.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls