So, I just got a Mesa Lonestar Special (which, by the way, I love), and now that I have a tube amp i figure I don't really need an overdrive with a tube in it. I figure I can probably get around $150 for the one I have now, and I was thinking about replacing it with either an OCD or a Tube Screamer. What do you think?
Also, do you think they'll be able to boost my distortion channel so that I can get enough out of it to play metal? Not too high, but enough for Pantera and all that. Right now it kind of gives me a Santana-level distortion.
Quote by DevilsDance76
rigeljs is on the money...

PRS 513 Mahogany>Fulltone Clyde Wah>Tonebone Classic>MXR Dyna Comp>ISP Noise Decimator>Boss TU-2>Mesa Lonestar Special
i say keep, your overdrive tube pedal, (what pedal is it?) and yes get an equalizer pedal for medal, and scoop the mids on it, with your overdrive, massive power tone
Gear

Standard Epiphone LP W/Dimarzio Super 2's
1973 Ampeg VT-22

Fulltone Clyde
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Boss tu-2
Boss sd-1
Ehx Little Big Muff
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss eq-7
Ehx Memory Man
Digitech Delay X-series
Ehx Holy Grail
It's a Tonebone Classic, and I don't really like the sound I get when I combine the two. And the amp is actually really mid-heavy to begin with
Quote by DevilsDance76

PRS 513 Mahogany>Fulltone Clyde Wah>Tonebone Classic>MXR Dyna Comp>ISP Noise Decimator>Boss TU-2>Mesa Lonestar Special
Hump de Bump
Quote by DevilsDance76

the mxr wylde overdrive sounds good with that amp, or if you like a tubescreamer type mxr gt-od
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.