I want a guitar with a neck pickup which makes a great clean sound with bright highs and some good flowing bass. It should be an emotional pickup with great warmth and should melt everyones hearts.

And i want a bridge pickup with LOTS of output, and a ground shaking, mean, dirty sound. A really REALLY badass pickup in the bridge. It should be the most craziest pickup on earth filled with cold harshness, and it should melt everyones brains.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.
I really think you're expecting far too much from pickups.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Agreed. Pickups help, but the amp will really decide the ultimate tone. Even if you have Bareknuckle pickups, a line 6 spider wont have a solo tone that will make people cry
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by dcdossett65
Agreed. Pickups help, but the amp will really decide the ultimate tone. Even if you have Bareknuckle pickups, a line 6 spider wont have a solo tone that will make people cry

Oh, I disagree.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
TS probably wants something to make his Frontman 212R 100 wAttZ0rZ!!11! sound Godly. I have seen many of these threads started by 14 year olds in my time on UG.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Oh, I disagree.

I just reread my statement, and i regret it.

Let it be known, that any tone from a Spider III will make anyone cry!
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by Mixedpotatoes
an emotional pickup and should melt everyones hearts.

Okay first of all, on UG, pups = those little things on your guitar that use a magnetic field to transmit vibrations as current.
Not small, cute animals.

Quote by steven seagull
I really think you're expecting far too much from pickups.

This too.

I'm sorry i can't be more helpful.
Genres and budget would be nice.
Also, current gear.
Quote by unet
Okay first of all, on UG, pups = those little things on your guitar that use a magnetic field to transmit vibrations as current.
Not small, cute animals.

He could put a small seaturle in an ocean in his neck possition?

Do what I did, Buy your own pickups so you have a soft neck and Heavy bridge...

I'm so suprized because I can't see how that was not obvious
You need an amp with good clean sound. Get that right and you can always add some distortion. You can't do it the other way round.
Assuming you have that worked out, and also assuming you have something like an Agile Les Paul, you could invest in pickups to enhance the tones in the directions you want to go. Something like a DiMarzio PAF Pro or Breed for the neck and X2N for the bridge. They don't exactly match in looks. Bareknuckles make some very 'hot' pups but are quite expensive. As there are hundreds of different pups out there, this can only be a rough guide and a look on DiMarzio and Seymour Duncan websites will allow you to compare the sounds of their models.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

I have a Fast Track 2 in my bridge and it sounds pretty harsh and trebly in comparison to the stock single coil in the neck.
Okay, maybe i sat a lot of words for you to figure out, but lets take it the easier way.

I want a neck pickup with less output and very much bass.
And i want a bridge pickup with more output and more treble.

Understood it now? Im thinking of the EMG 81 in bridge and the 60 in neck position.
People can ridicule this post all they want but its the truth:

EMG's suck. Their one trick ponies and they don't even do metal that well. I'm not saying you can't get ANY good tones out of them but compared to a similar passive pickup they don't even come close.

I say go for a Dimarzio Evo in the bridge, its veeeeery bright though, but thats what you said you wanted. As for the neck, try a PAF type pickup. A Seymour 59' or a Dimarzio 36 anniversery PAF.
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
Quote by Lurcher
You need an amp with good clean sound. Get that right and you can always add some distortion. You can't do it the other way round.
Assuming you have that worked out, and also assuming you have something like an Agile Les Paul, you could invest in pickups to enhance the tones in the directions you want to go. Something like a DiMarzio PAF Pro or Breed for the neck and X2N for the bridge. They don't exactly match in looks. Bareknuckles make some very 'hot' pups but are quite expensive. As there are hundreds of different pups out there, this can only be a rough guide and a look on DiMarzio and Seymour Duncan websites will allow you to compare the sounds of their models.

I definitely agree about the X2N, but I think an Air Norton would be better for a smooth neck pickup.