im trying to find out which model of the the jackson kelly i just got for my birthday and i dont have very much knowledge of jacksons.

i would post pics, but dont have a camera at the moment

the specs of it:
regular jackson headstock(upside down shark fin.)

crafted in india

no signature on headstock, just Jackson (then the little R in a circle)

pearl covered dot inlays in the fretboard.

im not sure what wood

bolted on neck

two emg pickups, not sure which emgs tho( if i can check tell me how please)

no floyd rose,

strings go over the bridge to the back of the body(i think that they are all like that tho)

and im currently scared sh!tless to open it up and check the electronics.

the sstore described the color as metal black, but it seems like the same color as the fender squire my brother has so i dont think its too important.

if you need the serial nmber on the neck, tell me

please guys i love this thing

but i want to know what to call it if someone asks
Last edited by thatwhiteguy69 at Aug 12, 2009,
It's a JS30KE, cheapest Kelly out there. Those aren't EMG's btw, they're just Jackson stock pickups that look like EMG's
Neverender:SSTB 4/19

Goddamn this cursed iron fist. When I lose control!

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You, sir, win epically.
The only one that's hard tail on their website is an entry series, which has dot inlays and duncan designed pups

EDIT: yup, it's the js30ke. The only kelly with a hardtail. When I saw sharkfin in your post, I thought you were talking about fret inlays. My burn. I have the rhoads model, same series. My advice would be swapping the bridge pup, I kept the neck pup on mine.
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
Last edited by grayfox1001 at Aug 12, 2009,
$185 for an 81/85 set

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/EMG-EMGZW-Zakk-Wylde-8185-Humbucker-Set?sku=301511

probably worth putting them in a better guitar though. the js series don't really last.
Quote by thatwhiteguy69
they dont really last?

give me a prognosis doc

sorry.

how long do you think ive got til ive got to get a new guitar?

I've had mine for 3 years, and it's lated me terrifically. Sure, the classic dings on the rhoads wings, but other than that, not a single problem in product quality. They're just really easy to chip the paint off of.
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
well i got an artist whos gonna do me some cheap custom work so paint isnt really gonna be a problem.

grayfox or anyone for that matter,

do you think i should put a set of emg's in this thing, and if so which ones
i don't mean until the thing falls apart - i mean you'll probably become disatisfied in a shorter period of time and want to upgrade.

saying that, i bought a limited edition pinstripe js30rr on a whim a couple of years ago - took it home, realised it felt like a toy, and the 'gunmetal' hardware finish came off on contact with skin. took it back and invested another £400 in a dkmgt.
Quote by thatwhiteguy69
well i got an artist whos gonna do me some cheap custom work so paint isnt really gonna be a problem.

grayfox or anyone for that matter,

do you think i should put a set of emg's in this thing, and if so which ones

I myself have never used EMGs. I threw a lace sensor (red silver dually) in the bridge this spring and climaxed over the sound difference. I think EMGs would be like putting flowmasters on a tempo. A little too extreme. I would go with a jb or like I mentioned earlier, a dist. in the bridge and jazz in the neck. Of course, if anyone with experience with what I mentioned and with emgs begs to differ, listen to them over me.
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
well grayfox that has to be the best way someone has ever told me nothing..... lol

edith and haz_uk,

i just upgraded from my little brothers fender squire 3/4 single coils only peice of (insert picture of poop here),

so i dont think im gonna be b!tching about needing an upgrade any time soon.
Last edited by thatwhiteguy69 at Aug 12, 2009,