Verse
Chorus
Verse
Verse
Bridge
Chorus
Outro

That kind of stuff.
Well it all depends on what you want the song to sound like, or how well it flows. You shouldn't need to say when writing "Oh, my song needs an interlude and think I'll stick one after x riff" or something like that.
Play around with structures abit though. It is good to use the sparingly.
Eg: a less conventional, King Crisimon/DT style structure

Intro
Instrumental section
Bridge
Bridge
Instrumental section
Interlude
Verse
Bridge
Interlude
Chorus
Bridge
Chorus
Chorus
Chorus
Outro
ect.
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
shred knows more about everything than anyone i think

Quote by IchiKurosaki
i hope we never meet shjred honestly i love you but im scared of you
u can do anything, dont follow like a formula, i know its needed and all, but let the song choose where it wanna go, sometimes u can start with a verse, sometimes intro works as chorus, sometimes chorus works as outro, i dunno, just be creative =)

Originally Posted by anonymus
I voted "evolutionism", though. Cuz you know... it's sciencey.

Originally Posted by anonymus
We were all created by God...
As Monkeys...
Then evolved.
End Debate.
Use your ear to decide what should come next. Don't reuse the same structure in all of your songs.
~3.6 billion years of evolutionary progress have led to this post~
Quote by Reds3031
Use your ear to decide what should come next. Don't reuse the same structure in all of your songs.

I said loosely follow. I meant more, what parts are nice to add in a song. Such as, where do I put the solo, when do i put an instrumental in, and so on.
Last edited by robinlint at Aug 12, 2009,
Quote by robinlint
I said loosely follow. I meant more, what parts are good to add in a song. Such as, where do I put the solo, when do i put an instrumental in, and so on.

I don't really think you need to loosely follow anything. Just write what feels good to you. If you really think you need a place to start then use what you posted in your first thread. Structure is important but nobody can tell you what you should loosely follow because structures vary massively across (and within) different genres.