can the vox vt15 do metal like metallica, megadeth, van halen, paul gilbert? and also how does it sound with an overdrive boost (digitech bad monkey)?
What's your budget?

Personally, I don't like the VTs at all and IMO you could get a better amp for a little more money. Some people love them so maybe it's just me.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Why would you drive an amp that already has more than enough gain?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Why would you drive an amp that already has more than enough gain?

I heard that the Vox valvetronix doesnt have enough gain for metal. so im just wondering how it will sound with a boost.
i have the vt30ad(the older version) and its fine for metal (well metallica dont know about the others) and aslong as you using it a the full 15watts you shouldnt have a problem i found when i wasnt using it at full power the pedal sounded crap( i had a digitech grunge but just got rid of it as the amps distortion was far better) and wasnt worth having but at full power it was fine
Gear :
strat copy (SD Hotrails in bridge, Lil' 59 in Neck)
Orange Dual Terror
Orange PPC112
Pitchblack/SHO Clone/Morley PWA wah
Quote by JayT44
What's your budget?

Personally, I don't like the VTs at all and IMO you could get a better amp for a little more money. Some people love them so maybe it's just me.

It's not just you. I'm no fan either.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by holycow
I heard that the Vox valvetronix doesnt have enough gain for metal. so im just wondering how it will sound with a boost.

It has more than enough. It would sound horrible with much more. I have the 30W version.

Don't boost it. It will not sound good. I do use a distortion pedal on the clean channels sometimes though.