i just got a ibanez rg4ex1 (edge iii trem) and was wondering if someone could guide me in the right direction as far as setting up it up to solve a problem. the action on the low frets near the nut is very low (and im getting some fret buzz on the low e in the first five frets) but the action is too high further down the neck i go and im used to low action so its making it difficult to solo on the higher action high frets. the edge iii is level to the body and the bow in the neck looks like it doesnt need adjustment (though my sight is probably off on this).

i just got back into playing guitar after about a 7 year break but i used to setup my mex strat that i had, including truss rod adjustment and never had uneven action down the neck that i had to deal with. i understand a pro could take care of this for me but i would rather do it myself so if anyone has any ideas on what adjustments i should make i would really appreciate it.
To me that sounds like you do need to sort out the truss rod. I'm too scared to touch mine so I can't help you out there lol.
definitely s truss rod issue
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by Eggmond
definitely s truss rod issue

needs tightened or loosened you think? and after the adjustment its only going to higher the low action near the nut to be even with with higher action down the neck so ill then have to lower the brige to get the desired low action (which should be even with correct trussrod adjustment) right?
yep you need a truss rod adjustment and you must take it to a tech as having a floating trem and trying to sort the truss rod and bridge out, then repeating the process is definatly a ball-ache, better to take it to somebody who knows what they`re doing.

if it didn`t have the floating trem it`s a simple process

having the buzz close to the nut suggests too much concave bow and probably need a bit of relief taking out
Quote by ibanezgod1973
yep you need a truss rod adjustment and you must take it to a tech as having a floating trem and trying to sort the truss rod and bridge out, then repeating the process is definatly a ball-ache, better to take it to somebody who knows what they`re doing.

if it didn`t have the floating trem it`s a simple process

having the buzz close to the nut suggests too much concave bow and probably need a bit of relief taking out

This!!!!

Ibanezgod knows all!!!!!!